quick melbourne visit - suggestions?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fletcher

bibo ergo sum
Reaction score
hey guys,

i'm heading down to melbourne next weekend with the mrs and just wanted to get opinions on a decent little craft brewery or quality bar to head to on a saturday arvo for a few? we'll be staying in st kilda but anywhere within decent traveling distance or in a cool part of melbourne that we could walk around in after would be what i'm looking for. any suggestions? figured i'd ask you peeps first instead of finding crap online.

thanks for any suggestions!

you could head to East Brunswick Temple brewery and Alehouse Project are out there. Not really near where your staying though.

Local taphouse is closest to you.
There are quite a few threads on places to drink in melbourne with lots of other suggestions and reviews.
No shortage of decent beer bars here.

Yeah, def Local Taphouse if you are in St Kilda. In addition to what's already been mentioned above, there's Beer Deluxe, and De Ja Vu in the city, Great Northern Hotel in Carlton, Mountain Goat brewery in Richmond and 2 Brothers brewery in Moorabbin (though the breweries listed here are not open every day so check their websites first).

bit of a hijack, sorry. I am going down there at the end of the month, is there any thing good near bulleen?

bit of a hijack, sorry. I am going down there at the end of the month, is there any thing good near bulleen?

Thunder Road brewery is in Brunswick which is a pretty cool part of Melbourne

Kooinda is near Bulleen, but I don't think they do tours or anything, however they have just started up Kooinda Summer Sessions on Friday nights with music & food n stuff
It's on tonight: 28 Culverland St, Heidelberg Heights

Their beers are freakin awesome! :icon_drool2:

So off to Melbourne this weekend! The baby sitter has pulled out, so now we have our 1 year old but that's ok he is a good kid any one know of a family friendly pubs /brewery? Closer to bulleen the better but willing to drive for awesomeness!! !

sorry i can't help i live way out west..the park hotel which i frequent (werribee) is children friendly.

Latest posts

Back