Quick Connecting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sintax69

Reaction score
What do you all use to connect your hose from boilers HLTs pumps ETC
do you use any from of quick connectors if so what where how much

Sintax

I use nylex hose snap lock fittings for my AG Setup...

Sintax, hi i used to use S/S quicklock type couplers but found there is to many parts to them on the inside and was not happy with them really at all. Now i do it the same way as professional breweries with barrel unions and ball valves, simply turn off valve then unscrew barrel union.
Barrel unions aren't really quick snap locks or anything but i find they are the best way to build a brewery. Best of all they are the most professional way to set up your brewery, i think anyway.

In this pic you can see the valve from the HLT with a barrel union which connects the hot water line into the mash tun.
anyway sorry not really quick connects but like i said i reckon this way is the best and most 'professional'.

Jayse

framoe012.jpg

I use quick disconnects by Colder Products. They're made from food grade plastic, and are rated to 137C and 860kPa. I bought the FFC35 series which gives a full 1/2" flow, but requires 19mm OD tubing to fit the barb. The reason for choosing the FFC35 series was that I also use full port 1/2" ball valves, so I decided to not restrict the flow by using disconnects with an ID less than 1/2".

These disconnects are fantastic, but like all desireable brewing toys, they come at a price. Including freight a male and female set were not far of $40. This can start to add up, so they're not for the fiscally challenged.

Cheers
MAH

FFC35.jpg

I use quick disconnects by Colder Products. They're made from food grade plastic, and are rated to 137C and 860kPa. I bought the FFC35 series which gives a full 1/2" flow, but requires 19mm OD tubing to fit the barb. The reason for choosing the FFC35 series was that I also use full port 1/2" ball valves, so I decided to not restrict the flow by using disconnects with an ID less than 1/2".

These disconnects are fantastic, but like all desireable brewing toys, they come at a price. Including freight a male and female set were not far of $40. This can start to add up, so they're not for the fiscally challenged.

Cheers
MAH

FFC35.jpg

I use some of those brass garden hose fittings :) they don't give the full 1/2" flow but they are cheap and do the job for me. The hose I use is some drinking water rated (translucent blue) hose from bunnings, same as garden hose really. You can see pics in the gallery.

Wow, all of the above look very trick. I use the common ss braided quick connects that lurk under most sinks and dunnies, along with a 1/2' ball valve.
Cheap available and efficient, have a look at my gallery pics.

I use the Colder couplings for my CPBF but not for brewday stuff.

CPFCoupling.jpg

I just made a CFC and I used the end I saved from the easy hooker braid which lives in the mashtun.

CFCKettleCoupling.jpg

Also, I found some nitto style couplings in stainless at purple pig. These ended up costing no more than your CPC coupling MAH.

but ...

What I find very useful are pushin style fittings:

On the brewpot and mashtun:

QuickLock.jpg

On the CPBF:

CPF.jpg

These rock because they are quick and because they grip the outside of the tubing, posing no restriction to the flow.

cheers

sosman said:
What I find very useful are pushin style fittings:
Me too!. my CFC is all push in fittings the wort and the water.

They are great i use push in fittings all over the brewery.

feston001.jpg

Latest posts

Back