Quick Bottling Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citizensnips

Reaction score
After not bottling in quite some time I'm about to bottle some of my current golden ale. Two questions
1) what's the link for that good priming calculator everyone uses that has 'desired volume of c02' 'beer volume' and 'beer temperature' and 'priming ingredient'.
2) When bulk priming, does everyone account for the loss in your primary? I have about 15 litres in mine but I'm assuming when I transfer I'll have a loss of about 1 litre taking me to 14 litres, this is what I work my priming sugar amounts of yes?

Cheers

1) Here's one
2) I'd think you'd have to prime the amount of liquid you are priming. But if you lose 1L in the primary, and transfer to secondary for priming, them calculate based on how much liquid is in the secondary.

1) any brewing software will give you the correct measurement - I use a few just to make sure they are all on par with another (BeerSmith, Brewmate and the once off this forum - http://webspace.webring.com/people/ms/sirl...alculator.html)

2) I bulk prime the amount of brew that I have in my FV - even if I lose a bit to waste - otherwise your calc will be off

Back