Question: How much grain for a concentrated wort ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugcra

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been brewing for a little while now, mainly kit and extract and partial brews...

I would like to move on, or experiment, with all grain, or even an 80% grain brew. I would like to replace the kit 'cans' with a grain mash. However, my equipment is very basic. I have all your standard gear along with a 15ltr stock pot and muslin bags.

My question is, where can I get an all grain recipe and instructions, and a specific gravity chart, so I can mash/sparge/boil an amount of grains in, say, 10ltrs of water (in my small stock pot) to get a high gravity wort, and then add fresh water to the fermenter to top it up to the required 20ltr amount. aiming for around 5%abv ???

How much grain, per amount of water, equals what gravity reading ? is there a table or formula I can use ?

Thanks

aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/38674-move-to-all-grain-for-thirty-bucks/

Hmmm that link didnt work properly from my phone just copy and paste that and have a look at that guide from nick

You should read, 'How to brew' by John Palmer. Its on the net and it contains lots of charts and stuff.

Back