Question About Og And Recipe Thoughts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyelusion

Reaction score
Hi
My sample for testing my OG with my hydrometer got bumped off the table and was wondering how to tell what it is from the ingredients and if you can.

Recipe was:
1 x Coopers draught can
1 x Coopers Brew enhancer 2
300g dextrose
175g Crystal malt (steeped @ 65 degrees for half an hour)
15g POR (steeped for 10 min with boiled crystal liquid)
10g Amarillo (steeped for 10 min with boiled crystal liquid)
23 litres

And also do you think that this recipe looks ok?
Was thinking of dry hopping with 20g Amarillo on day 5? Any thoughts?

Thanks so much again for the feedback :icon_chickcheers:

Recipe looks fine to me might be better if you subbed some or all of the BE2 with malt extract but it should be OK as is.

Cannot tell you the strength off hand but you could use IanH's useful spreadsheet to get a read out. I am a lazy brewer don't usually bother taking OG the important one is the FG.

Recipe looks fine to me might be better if you subbed some or all of the BE2 with malt extract but it should be OK as is.

Cannot tell you the strength off hand but you could use IanH's useful spreadsheet to get a read out. I am a lazy brewer don't usually bother taking OG the important one is the FG.

yeah was doing a back to back brew with some of the stock i had here. Will be going to the local brew shop soon to stock up with a lot of goodies :)
What do you think of the dry hop addition of 20g?

Dry hopping looks good 20g is about right for 21L-23L added after 5 days or when the fermentation slows down. Should be a tasty drop I like Amarillo too.

Latest posts

Back