Question About Coopers Kit (temp) And Intro

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, thanks jasony, and Spun kambah is my local!

the larger in question is bottled now
can only keep the bottles at 16 degree's tho will it still ferment in the next 14 days?

i put on an OLD clone to ferment morgans old and 1 kilo dextrose this time i stirred the yeast in hot water first then added and stireeed into wort seems to have finished fermenting in 4 days but i will leave it till seven days then let it cool.

If you rehydrate your yeast, use boiled water that's cooled down to 30C or lower.

next time i will.......this litre of water was about 70 degress when i stirred the yeast in but 20 secs later i dumped it into the 25 degree wort and stirred.
is that gonna wreck the beer?

Hi c0z, after a bit of googling it seems that temps above 50 C will kill yeast very rapidly. Afterall they do like similar temperatures to us and I don't think you'd be to happy getting chucked in a bath at 70 degrees! :eek: I'd get another pack and pitch it asap.

oh it fermented in about 2 days so i wasnt worried about that more that i might have wrecked the taste especailly since it is just

1 can morgans old and yeast (stirred into boiling water then pitched and stirred into wort.
1 kilo beermakers branded dextrose

Hi All,

Such an embarrassing thread, but I thought I would bump it, you know for a laugh! :eek:

Well, havent we come a long way since terrrible terrible kit and kilo's, and bottling. :lol:

My airlock is not bubbling is my beer broken? :D good times...where Butters?

photo.JPG
Picture_004.jpg

Back