Question About Ac To Ac Solid State Relay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob S

Reaction score
solid_state_relay.jpg

I have a quick question regarding the above, just for interests sake.

The load wire gets cut and is input on terminal 1 and output on terminal 2. The neutral and earth are left alone then the load wire from terminal 2 rejoins the cable and it continues to the appliance that you want to power.

The cable running from the switch (STC-1000 for example) would just have the load going into terminal 3 and the neutral going into terminal 4.

As the switch turns on and off, this would allow terminals 1 and 2 to bridge.

Does this seem correct? If so what would happen to the earth wire from the cable coming out of the switch? Would it just run into a dead end?

Despite the diagrams saying this something in the back of my mind is saying that the switching wires (into terminals 3 and 4) is wrong.

ac_ssr.png
ac_ssr_sch.png

Just in case anyone can help.

Load & neutral from switch go into 3 & 4.

Load for the appliance goes across 1 & 2.

Sound right?

the earth just goes to the the SRR (heat sink screw) from thw incoming line and then also onto the appliance
it does not link to the stc-1000

this seems a clever idea using a SSR with a 240v input side and the STC-1000 for bigger loads

i have seen a 30A STC-1000 on ebay but the relay / switching looks small fro 30A

Thankyou thankyou.

The thought of large current going through the STC-1000 doesn't fill me with much confidence.

Rob

Back