Quantcast

Question About Ac To Ac Solid State Relay

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Rob S

Reaction score
solid_state_relay.jpg

I have a quick question regarding the above, just for interests sake.

The load wire gets cut and is input on terminal 1 and output on terminal 2. The neutral and earth are left alone then the load wire from terminal 2 rejoins the cable and it continues to the appliance that you want to power.

The cable running from the switch (STC-1000 for example) would just have the load going into terminal 3 and the neutral going into terminal 4.

As the switch turns on and off, this would allow terminals 1 and 2 to bridge.

Does this seem correct? If so what would happen to the earth wire from the cable coming out of the switch? Would it just run into a dead end?

Despite the diagrams saying this something in the back of my mind is saying that the switching wires (into terminals 3 and 4) is wrong.

Rob S

Reaction score
ac_ssr.png
ac_ssr_sch.png

Just in case anyone can help.

Load & neutral from switch go into 3 & 4.

Load for the appliance goes across 1 & 2.

Sound right?

Maheel

Reaction score
the earth just goes to the the SRR (heat sink screw) from thw incoming line and then also onto the appliance
it does not link to the stc-1000

this seems a clever idea using a SSR with a 240v input side and the STC-1000 for bigger loads

i have seen a 30A STC-1000 on ebay but the relay / switching looks small fro 30A

Rob S

Reaction score
Thankyou thankyou.

The thought of large current going through the STC-1000 doesn't fill me with much confidence.

Rob

Latest posts