Queensland Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_HOME_BREW_WALLACE_

Professional Drunken Yahoo!
Reaction score
I popped into the local yesterday and noticed they had a QLD Pale Ale on tap that i have never seen before. At $6.00 a schooner i had to try a couple. When i asked who made the beer he said XXXX (I presume he meant Lion Nathon / Cattlemaine Perkins).

I cant find anything about this new beer on the web so just asking if someone knows anything about it? It has a pretty good hop aroma and flavour, so im guessing this is the big megaswill breweries answer to the craft beer revolution.

Anyone else tried it? If so what do you think?
Is it a Lion Nathan beer or is it brewed by someone else? I'm p***ed off i didnt take a photo of the tap to put on here :D .

It could actually be XXXX, they are working on tapping into the market, QABC judging will be held at the Milton brewery this year as an example.

Capalaba. Ross=4 Hearts brewing. ????

edit; four hearts / four ex...

Shoulda gone to specsavers (hang on they don't do hearing tests :p )

Or most likely the barman was pissed and slurring a bit.

.. or the barman was tired of telling people "it's like XXXX except heaps better", and has resigned to telling people that "it's made by XXXX" so that they will buy it.

Standby, I have an "insider" sussing it out for me. I can tell you that it is a woolworths product.

I know Woolies has started making 'Tun' beer in 30 can blocks.. as direct competition for the VB 30 cans.. I've not been game to try one :icon_drool2:

Tun is sold at Dan Murphy and BWS, comes in two varieties: 4% and 5%. It's made in the USA.

The 5 percenter in the green cans is a bit like VB without the mouse piss twang.

Bit of a thread necro, but...

My friendly local barman seems to think it was brewed by Bluetongue, which I assume means CCA?

Tastes a bit like a watered down Stone & Wood Pacific... Not bad but not great.

Anyway... Public holidays are great!

Back