Queensland Brewpubs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duff

Worst Website Ever....
Reaction score
I'm looking to find a brewpub around the Gold Coast/Brisbane area. Anyone know of any?

Cheers - Duff.

I also was unimpressed with the beer at the brewpub in surfers.... no lasting head on any of them and bland flavours.

In Brisbane there is:
Auroras (in the city)
Cheers (in the city)
The Regatta (near enough to the city)
Bar 182???? something like that, in one of the trendy eastern suburbs, still can't track it down in the yellowpages or whitepages, but the one time I went there, the beer was good as was the food.

Auroras - good beer, bad food
Cheers - variable beer, avoid the wheat beer
The Regatta - brew beer under the St. Arnou brand

dreamboat

Duff,

in Brisbane, you have

- Oxford 152 in Oxford St, Bulimba. This is far and away the best in Brissie. Their beers and food are superb. New-age minimalist decor and feel.
- Auroras in Albert St, City. Usually good beers, but have been known to have the occasional bad batch. Great pizzas. Bit of a sports bar atmoshere.
- The Regatta on Coronation Drive, Toowong. The usual St Arnou beers are brewed here. Good quality beers, great food and a good atmosphere. Sports bar feel upstairs, dungeon-like english/irish feel downstairs. Great views of the river on the decks.
- Cheers Tavern in Boundary Rd, Spring Hill. Ok beers (the pale ale is very tasty), if not outstanding. Food is very good (one of the best steaks I've had in a while). Atmoshere is a bit ordinary. The pub is nothing to look at and the pokies are a bit too prominant for my liking.

Outside of Brisbane, there is the one that Doc mentioned in Sufers. There is also another one at Sanctuary Cove on the northern end of the Gold Coast. On the Sunshine coast, you have one at Eumundi and I think there's another one somewhere. Suggest you do an internet search.

Cheers - Snow

Oxford 182....that's the one, well done Snow

dreamboat

Back