Queensland Amateur Brewing Championship 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
348 entries Perry....total 696 bottles.

Farkkk, its going to be a long day on the 13th.

Wow! :blink:

Wheelchairs provided for the judges?

"I rek..kon...shish beer is... *burp* reeeel.... *burp* really good *gag*."

so the bus into town to kick on at a pub after judging is probably going to be a bit of a non-event.... well ok... maybe just one more beer.....

glad I've got the following 2 days off to recover :)

I can imagine that the APA, IPA classes are going to be daunting.

We are having a crack at some of the categories on Saturday afternoon and possibly Monday to reduce the numbers to a manageable level on the 13th....
Any of the judges who put their hand up initially have been contacted again - check your emails and get back to me if you can help out.

my email is currently [email protected]

Actually brown ale is the biggest - over 30 beers !!!!

All looking good for Sunday. We knocked over 100 on the long weekend, just 250 to go...

I've sent out the lineup - so check your email peeps.

If you think you are judging or stewarding and you haven't heard from me....drop me a line.
PM or [email protected]

QUEENSLANDER !!!!!!!

From what I know the classes that were judged on the weekend are , low alcohol, pilsner, stout, strong stout, strong ale and Belgian strong ale. Hope this helps.
Adz.

Those categories are correct, but as all the results will be released together Monday or Tuesday next week - it doesn't really matter

What normally happens for getting the score sheets? Are those posted somewhere or will I need to email someone for them next week?

elronalds said:
What normally happens for getting the score sheets? Are those posted somewhere or will I need to email someone for them next week?
we used to post them out, but we'll be emailing them this year (everyone gave an email address which I typed into the computer at registration...

Pocket Beers said:
we used to post them out, but we'll be emailing them this year
Awesome, that means I can easily reply with an apology to the judges.

what do you reckon the sobriety level is at the moment?

On behalf of the Ipswich Brewers Union congrats to Dave and the other organisers of the QABC this year. Once again another well run competition run over two weekends and several sessions and thanks to Ross for providing his premises to run the event. I had a great time and enjoyed good company with Winkle, NickB and Ed judging a plethora of Brown Ales. Good luck to all Entrants and good luck QLD in the Nats.

cheers

Browndog

Brewers...

We have approx 20 crates of unopened beer entries (2nd bottles) from the Qld State Championships.
We also have approx 30 crates of opened beer bottles.

Crates + beers + bottles are FREE to anyone who wants to pick them up. No sorting, just take as many crates as you want, plastic + glass bottles. First come first served.

We will keep refrigerated until the end of the week, then whatever's left will be dumped!!!

Collection from CraftBrewer/Bacchus Brewing Co. Unit 1, 2 Christine Place, Capalaba.

Cheers Ross

Results yet Dave?

Nick,

Dave's heading home now to put them up, give him a few hours.

Cheers Ross

No worries, will check later tonight then!

Cheers

Latest posts

Back