Qld Xmas Case Swap - Consumption

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hennos budvar is ridonculously good imo.......stop being twatty, mate. You've got the wotsits to stand up to 4 drunk koryos, in my defense...have the nads to admit that you can brew. :lol:

who were the lucky sods that got your excess TTL's? :lol:

Hennos budvar is ridonculously good imo.......stop being twatty, mate. You've got the wotsits to stand up to 4 drunk koryos, in my defense...have the nads to admit that you can brew. :lol:

I don't know where my TTL's ended up and don't know whether Browndog would either. They were meant to come out of my swap box and get passed around but I forgot. I think one ended up in Luke's swap beers.

I don't know where my TTL's ended up and don't know whether Browndog would either. They were meant to come out of my swap box and get passed around but I forgot. I think one ended up in Luke's swap beers.

I think there is one in my box-o-beers - I'll chill it & sample over the weekend if it is :icon_cheers:

Well everyone would have ended up with 1 Henno, but you should have got your excess ones back, I know FGZ went around after we finished swapping and dispersed his own extras amongst other cases so some people may have some extra 19s.

cheers

Browndog (drink 9 now)

Tried Number 13 tonight which is jlm's HEF....

Nice beer, good flavour/esters, just thought it was undercarbed(was it bottled from keg or BC?) which accentuated its sweetness...

Just needed more gas... ;)

:icon_cheers: CB

Yeah I suspected it may have been undercarbed. Bottled from the tap and gave it a bit extra with the carbonator cap, (was also wondering if I gave it too much initially.) but haven't used it a lot so am still learning. I'm a tad dissapointed with this beer actually, I should've got off my ass and got a pack of 3638.

Went straight to AndrewQLD's beer for my first from the swap. What a beer! I've gotta do some reading to find out how you get those esters from the yeast Andrew, so much better than anything I've done with it. Can't wait to get it on tap at the Platform Bar.

Hennos budvar is ridonculously good imo.......................

That budvar and TTL of Hennos were the highlight beers of the weekend IMHO

........................................Now if I could get Hennos budvar and TTL and Clean Brewers IPA on tap at my place i would be set :icon_drool2:

:party: cheers brewers!

Paul

First up for me
13. JLM - Hefe.
Under-carbed as noted, seems slightly muted and earthy in flavour and aroma - along the lines of an American Wheat. What was the yeast? Still refreshing and welcome in this sticky heat.
14. AndrewQLD - Sparkling Ale.
Andrew, I fear we'll lose you to Coopers. A great beer, better than the commercial one, look foward to drinking this at Grand Central.
andrew.jpg

Wow, thanks Winkle, that means I must be doing something right.
Wish I could be leaving some feed back for you fellas but my case has gone walkabout, when I hear from Henno and I find my case I'll start to leave some.

JlM, it's all in the fermentation temp, also the coopers strain seems to become more estery with reuse, I use a first pitch on the CPA and then 2nd and 3rd pitches on the CSA, I don't pitch anymore than 3 generations or it tastes like banana bread.

Thanks for the great feedback.

Cheers
Andrew

Been crook as a dog the last three days and finally got to have a crack of one of the swappers!

Just had a go at

16. Daemon English Brown Ale. This IMO is a very well balanced Ale, malty, dry with little hop aroma and a slight roast in the background perhaps biscuity with absolutely no sign of diacetyl. I am not experienced in this style but this to me is exactly what I would aim for in an English brown. I am really impressed with this beer. Top work Tim. And yes I am going to try and reculture the yeast!

Brad

Well everyone would have ended up with 1 Henno, but you should have got your excess ones back, I know FGZ went around after we finished swapping and dispersed his own extras amongst other cases so some people may have some extra 19s.

cheers

Browndog (drink 9 now)

Gee Browndog. I thought you where going to show the newbies how to organise the swap beers ;)

Been crook as a dog the last three days and finally got to have a crack of one of the swappers!

Just had a go at

16. Daemon English Brown Ale. This IMO is a very well balanced Ale, malty, dry with little hop aroma and a slight roast in the background perhaps biscuity with absolutely no sign of diacetyl. I am not experienced in this style but this to me is exactly what I would aim for in an English brown. I am really impressed with this beer. Top work Tim. And yes I am going to try and reculture the yeast!

Brad
Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed it! It was my first attempt at a brown ale and although it wasn't quite what I was aiming for, I was still happy with the resulting beer.

I'm still away finishing off some training this week but looking forward to sampling a few of the swap beers on the weekend!

Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed it! It was my first attempt at a brown ale and although it wasn't quite what I was aiming for, I was still happy with the resulting beer.

I'm still away finishing off some training this week but looking forward to sampling a few of the swap beers on the weekend!
I'm not in the swap but some big ups to this one- I've sampled it (maybe I mentioned that previously?) and me tips me lid to Daemon for a truly cracking ale with the balance of a gymnast. The hopheads out there might not dig it, but I certainly did.
Any chance you've got another stashed away out there somewhere mate??!! :icon_cheers:

No. 16

Nice beer Daemon, demolished it last night. I would say smooth, I could imagine sitting in front of a fire on a cold night (hard to do ATM) and enjoying this beer.

Cheers
Gavo

Edit: Thypin

Gee Browndog. I thought you where going to show the newbies how to organise the swap beers ;)

Well Ben, they were pretty impressed mate even to the point of asking me if I had a trade background to which I had to answer wood or metal ;) but due to no-shows, people somehow mysteriously leaving their swap cases at home hmmm...hmmm....Everyone ended up with three of their own bottles in their case. Brucie, that case mear the Stairway to Heaven is for you and Renae mate.

cheers

Browndog

1. NickB - Aussie Dark Ale + 1 Keg - sch(Porter)
2. Chappo - Wheat Rye I have been working on
3.Scoundrelrogue (Green bullet Ale, winkles brew day and my 1st AG)
4. BribieG Stout Toucan 9% NiggaJuice ready to drink anytime.
6. Stillscottish Scottish 80/- ish. Just bottled so give it a couple of weeks at least
7. kram - beer... maybe
9. Browndog - Wolf Creek IPA (the version the Judges have asked for)
10.winkle - 9-Rounds-Rapid Triple Ok now - much better in one month
11. FROGMAN Banana Wheat Beer
12.AndrewQLD - Coopers Sparkling Ale Ready to drink
13.jlm-Hefe DRINK IT NOW!
14. Bradsbrew- Not the Bloody Kingswood Sump Oil Oatmeal Stout. OK to go but drink it at at least 10 degrees
15. Gavo - Bastardised Dogwood Pale (APA)
16. Daemon - English Brown Ale
17. Henno - Budvar
18. GravityGuru - Powderkeg GB
19. Fatgodzilla - Dragon Ale (red, smoky, hot!) Drink Now
20. Clean Brewer "4/8 A.I.P.A"
21. 22. The Scientis -t Belgian Triple

Finally back on the NSW south coast enjoying the ocean breeze while the rest of you poor sods sizzle. Thanks heaps all for the welcome, companionship, bullshit and good time !

Drank the first effort - No. 14 Andrew's Sparkling Ale. Can't think of it as a clone - too dark, too sweet, but a bloody nice drop that stands on its own merits. Tah.

My effort N o. 19 - The Dragon Ale was not as good as I would have wanted, but still I think good enough for you lot ! :rolleyes: Anyone who got a lid which is not black will get the non chilli ones - I meant to say something at the swap but it didn't happen. There were only a handful of the non chilli ones. The others had a smidgeon of chilli powder that works well on the back palate - they are not hot, just subtle. Enjoy with a steak !

Drank the first effort - No. 14 Andrew's Sparkling Ale. Can't think of it as a clone - too dark, too sweet, but a bloody nice drop that stands on its own merits. Tah.

Could have been mine not Andrews big fella.

14. should be my ESB bordering on a southern brown and fits in with ya colour and sweetness comments :icon_cheers:

Andrews has a label on the bottle.

Cheers Brad

OK back to bed now :icon_vomit:

Could have been mine not Andrews big fella.

14. should be my ESB bordering on a southern brown and fits in with ya colour and sweetness comments :icon_cheers:

Andrews has a label on the bottle.

Cheers Brad

OK back to bed now :icon_vomit:

Sounds like you need some stout up ya. B)

Latest posts

Back