qld weather jan 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_HOME_BREW_WALLACE_

Professional Drunken Yahoo!
Reaction score
hey guys, weather is pretty bad here in capalaba. god knows what its like elsewhere.. hope everyone is safe. i cant drive atm, but i hope those that have to are going to keep safe and well.

stay safe.

_WALLACE_

No power, and the back yard is a swimming pool, other than that all good. Beer is still cold.

have heard the reports about the amount of rainfall up your way,amazing,could do with some of it down here its as dry as a lime burners boot here,hav'nt had a decent rain in a while

cheers...spog...

had around 500mm+rain here, lots shit loads topsoil, cant get out of home, flooded in, power went out(beer fridge getting warm), but thank fuk the power is back now. will attach pics when i work out how to.

dougsbrew said:
had around 500mm+rain here, lots shit loads topsoil, cant get out of home, flooded in, power went out(beer fridge getting warm), but thank fuk the power is back now. will attach pics when i work out how to.
water3_zpsc47089c9.jpg
water1_zps1fb705a8.jpg
water4_zpsc873a417.jpg

Stay safe everyone. Windy and wet here but looking ok. Roof is leaking in about 4 spots but I can deal with that next week.

A few flood warnings are out. If you live in QLD and Nthern NSW and have been copping the rain check your local warnings.

Edit; Added Nthern NSW

Safe and dry here, got power at the moment.
Media reports that 3500 units and homes will be flooded in Brisbane and Ipswich.
Another 6hrs of heavy rain and another 100mm to come.
Bunker down and stay safe and dry Qlders..

Can't compete with Dougs photos but here's a pic of my yard. Makes the pool a bit redundant! It's actually dropped a bit, was almost above the shed slab level (on left) an hour ago.

image.jpg

Burnett river is in full flood, plenty of damage at Burnett Heads and Bargara due to several tornadoes not to mention the heavy rain. Stay safe everyone.
burnett.jpgburnett2.jpgburnett3.jpg

yep wet here as well

It's been raining all day on the Mid North Coast here but the worst is on the way - collecting quite a bit of water in the rain gauge - about four inches in the old money. Coffs might get a foot of rain.

Just heard Sydney and surrounds are looking at 100+ mm tomorrow. We haven't had more than 2 mm down in Melbourne for months...would you believe? Back yard is the same colour as my hefeweizen at the moment.

Anyone heard from QldKev? I heard Bundy was declared a state of emergency today.

billygoat said:
Hope you don't have to use your snorkel Liam, stay safe.
That just cracked me up! :lol:

We have a river going through our garage as usual, and one of the pencil pines is about to drop into the pool, but apart from that all good.
Went to Bunnings a little while ago, and on the way back it took me about 30 minutes to find a way home that wasn't flooded. In Toombul the water goes right up to the shops and the airport link tunnel is closed. Saw quite a few houses flooded already, Aviation High is under as well.

QldKev is at Innes Park on the coast just down from Bargara - hope he's ok as well, However the rain is finished there so drying out tomorrow I guess. On the outside anyway :p

Latest posts

Back