QD tight on post.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Until I can buy a new QD and setup a seperate tap I have to keep swapping my QD from my corny keg to my KK 9 litre keg to pour a beer. But the QD is really tight when trying to fit it into the KK 9 litre keg.
Is this because??

A. It's a cheapo Chinese keg
B. The O rings or the post are new and need to wear in
C. The QD is also cheap Chinese crap
D. All of the above.

Anything I can do to make life easier? Can you fit smaller I rings or something?

I spray it with stars an to sort if lubricate it each time but I have to really force it on to make it click into place.

i remember the days... tight on my post... oh ur talking about beer :p

spray it with starsan? hope you dilute it properly or you will blow seals heaps. The seals dont touch the beer, if you wanna get that way inclined pull the QD apart clean it out and sanitise the internals.

could be all of them or as said the seals need to be lubricated, Starsan is not a lubrication you prob better off using straight water. Also some of the cheaper DC are harder

Thanks gents will give vaseline a go and see how she goes. I thought the starsan would lubricate it enough.

A ) and C ), imho.

I suffered similar problems when I started kegging, mainly due to buying cheap, rather than buying right. I have, just like almost everybody else who's gone down the kegging path, since replaced all my cheap, Chinese knock-off parts with higher quality parts.

And, in the keg room, as with in the bedroom, more lube == less protest :)

Latest posts

Back