Qabc 2010 Working Bee

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I'm putting in for a day or two off annual leave on Saturday and Sunday if possible for the QABC comps at the Platform Bar - as a steward, as I'm not qualified to judge. So announcing my interest in advance as last year there was a last minute shortage and some concern about numbers attending. Hopefully it will be a huger comp than ever, :beerbang: so anyone in Bris reading this pls come along to help.

Last year there there were around 250 entries = 500 bottles (2 per entry) and I never received a definite reply as to what happened to the bottles, from an enviro point of view that's half a thousand Pets, glass etc and you would have to factor in a dollar each - tragedy if they just got dumped. I'd like to volunteer as some sort of "bottle steward" for the day and look at whatever good solutions we could come up with for the bottles afterwards. It's obviously not cost effective to return to entrant but, for example wash and then sanitise them and sell at next BABBs meeting (as BABBs de facto runs the comp) and donate proceeds to an agreed charity, whatever? Happy to put in some yards.

Thoughts??

I'm putting in for a day or two off annual leave on Saturday and Sunday if possible for the QABC comps at the Platform Bar - as a steward, as I'm not qualified to judge. So announcing my interest in advance as last year there was a last minute shortage and some concern about numbers attending. Hopefully it will be a huger comp than ever, :beerbang: so anyone in Bris reading this pls come along to help.

Last year there there were around 250 entries = 500 bottles (2 per entry) and I never received a definite reply as to what happened to the bottles, from an enviro point of view that's half a thousand Pets, glass etc and you would have to factor in a dollar each - tragedy if they just got dumped. I'd like to volunteer as some sort of "bottle steward" for the day and look at whatever good solutions we could come up with for the bottles afterwards. It's obviously not cost effective to return to entrant but, for example wash and then sanitise them and sell at next BABBs meeting (as BABBs de facto runs the comp) and donate proceeds to an agreed charity, whatever? Happy to put in some yards.

Thoughts??
Have you got the dates or any linky's to that Bribie?
Daz

Bribie

We've asked via our newsletter, email & several BABBS meetings for help & all volunteers were invited to attend our 1st QABC meeting held a couple of months back.
Plenty of room for more though & all help appreciatted. Bottles do not get dumped, they are all washed & stored at CraftBrewer & basically handed out to whoever requests.

Cheers Ross

I'll turn up in my frilly washing apron, then :icon_cheers:

Back