Q Brew And Grain In Queensland

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I rang q brew and ordered a digital therometer today , thanks to BBB

Now I talked to the guy there , or a least he talked to me...and talked and talked and talked Nice guy

Still he told me you can not buy 25kg bags of grain anywhere in Queensland?
It this correct?
I am building an AG system to take over there with me in a year or two , fat lot of good it'll do me if I can't get grain

Any Queensland brewers do AG?

If so where do you score your grain?

Cheers Batz

:unsure:

He is talking out of his backside. I know two places I can get 25kg grain bags from in Brisbane and one in Toowoomba.

Not true Batz
I have been all grain brewing for 18 mths in Bundaberg, there's a place in rockhampton, can't remember their name, that will sell grain, and I order online here http://esbeer.com.au/. Mel will gladly sell grains and ship to Queensland at VERy reasonable prices. Don't let the fact that most HBS don't carry grains put you of, use the internet it works.
Regards
Andrew

Thanks guys,
Last time I was over and driving to the Sunshine coast I saw a place 'Homebrew warehouse' I think it was called that , do they have grains?

I am going to be living in the gympie area

G'day Batz
Sorry mate, maybe i should have warned you to allow a bit of time when you ring.
I placed my order over my mobile and I bet it cost me a fortune but i suppose
that is better than no conversation at all.
Although as it turns out he was handling the truth a little carelessly over the grain.
I cant see that he would have any gain in telling you that, but you never know!
Oh well, a lot more people now know it is BS.
I'm sure you will be pleased with the thermometer,
Cheers

Well BBB ,
He did tell me I was wasting my time mashing grains , and that he had beer kits that are much better than I could ever make !

Still he's a laugh , I'll drop in and see him in April , will take some ear plugs !

Batz :rolleyes:

Batz

as far as I know most grain in QLD is ordered through ESB so whatever they have you should be able to get here in QLD. I think I know the guy you spoke to as I was told the same thing a few years back when I was first interested in mashing.

Hoops

If I have 2 stores in Toowoomba then there's a shitload more around QLD!!!! :lol:

sounds like a certain hbs in fnq ( far north queensland )that couldnt work out why people wanted to buy grain crushers to crush there own grain when he could do it for one and all.

You wait big d , I know you will have to order a diggy therometer , this guy is going to talk till your ears bleed , ..hint... ring him from work.

Did I mention today I have a CCWC ? :p

Batz,
Where are you moving to?
There is one place in Townsville http://www.hbrews.com.au
and Cairns has Brewcan who I mainly deal with.
His prices are quite high - 50kg Pale malt (he is unsure of brand) $150.
25kg Wheat - $80.
Nice fella though. I brought him in a external fridge controller the other day to look at and he thought it was the best idea to ever come his way for a long time.
I told him that the idea was actually very old, and get with the times!!
I think he is doing a little more research into his line of business now.
Good luck. :chug: :chug:

That's more that I pay in Dampier!

I be near Gympie , easy to go to brizzy if needed

found i dont need one batz.
mate gave me ;) a digital u-beaut one with two probes that i can place top/ bottom or were ever and get either deg c or farenheit.extremely accurate.

cheers
big d

hey siiren you have that cairns brew shop address handy.ive a mate going over next week and said he would get me some specialty grains.

Big D, unfortunately the guy doesn't have the grain but orders it in on demand.
Your mate may be able to call ahead.
http://www.brewcan1.homestead.com/
Fred is the man to see.
tell him Simon from Pt Douglas sent you, and he will know you are after grain.
Cheers :chug:

thanks siiren.unfortunately my mate goes on tuesday and is there for a limited time so will probably not be enough time to order/recieve what i want.

cheers
big d

I see on ESB site
http://www.esbeer.com.au/index.htm

Grain 25kg at very fair prices , they say on the home page that there is three
distributors in Queensland.

Only thing it does not tell you who or where ?

Surely this would have to be a good supply of grains , if you can find the stores ! :blink: :blink:

Back