Putting thread on polycarb tube.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver

Silver
Reaction score
Anyone got the good oil on how to cut a 6mm thread on polycarb sight glass tube. It disintergrates when i put a 6mm die to it. Should i be putting some sort of cutting compound on it first. My feeling is the die needs more of a taper.
Cheers
Silver

where did you get your polycarb tube from?
the plastics place i went to in town quoted me $45 for a metre length

what diameter is the tube? it has to be the right diameter to suit the thread size you are trying to cut. google a tap and die cutting chart

Silver said:
Anyone got the good oil on how to cut a 6mm thread on polycarb sight glass tube. It disintergrates when i put a 6mm die to it. Should i be putting some sort of cutting compound on it first. My feeling is the die needs more of a taper.
Cheers
Silver
If it's a button die then it will have a small adjusting screw. Have you tried unscrewing it to the fullest?
Is your polycarbonate 1/2" or 12mm? Easy to tear up fragile polycarbonate tubing if trying to thread 1/2" which is slightly bigger. Why do you not want to use a compression fitting?
If you have 12mm polycarbonate where did you get it? How much? Do they sell off-cuts? So many questions. :D

Too late!

BNE + Brissie? Correct?

Latest posts

Back