'puter Help..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleasure Master

Reaction score
My craptop is running really slow and I don't know why, the hard drives are pretty much empty, I've done a disk clean-up, defrag and did a clear out of the browsing history and temp folders..

Virus software doesnt detect any illness..

Any ideas?

How many startup programs do you have set up?

If you look at task manager -> performance, how much RAM is being used when you're doing nothing?

Its slow because its old (i assume this from you calling it a craptop, since you gave no actual information) - you need a new one.

Also, freeing up hard drive space does not make your computer run faster (unless it was actually 100% full)

How many startup programs do you have set up?

If you look at task manager -> performance, how much RAM is being used when you're doing nothing?
What he said, might need to clear out the temp files folder &/or increase page file or whatever the heck its called.

My craptop is running really slow and I don't know why, the hard drives are pretty much empty, I've done a disk clean-up, defrag and did a clear out of the browsing history and temp folders..

Virus software doesnt detect any illness..

Any ideas?

Maybe run something like ccleaner.

OS wouldn't be Vista by any chance?

If it is, there's your answer.

Latest posts

Back