Put on a keg at local club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d recommend you drop hints to the family for soap on a rope and lots of them for Christmas. Illegal from a council, state and federal aspect regardless of how you try to wriggle around it. Particularly in NSW.

Next ....

I've had my home brew served in pubs (ACT and QLD) as either a charity function or for home brew competitions. In both cases punters paid entry to an event and these particular beers were served without charge. I didn't receive any of the proceeds.

the reality is you'll not get in trouble for it. but it isn't technically legal

In the uk it may be served for research purposes, which is the clause that homebrew comps would operate under

I've had my home brew served in pubs (ACT and QLD) as either a charity function or for home brew competitions. In both cases punters paid entry to an event and these particular beers were served without charge. I didn't receive any of the proceeds.
the reality is you'll not get in trouble for it. but it isn't technically legal

The ATO take a rather different view..

Homebrew club comp ( it it must be legit one, not just made up on the spot ) might be Ok...anything else, grab your toothbrush

i meant not get caught.
if you get caught you're fkd, but i don't imagine the ato is sending officers regularly to little fundraising shindigs

One of the VIC government guys I talked to said they absolutely monitor social media for evidence of evil doers and scoundrels. (He may not have sounded like a 30’s comic book.)

It’s not like the folks who work in these places are a bunch of 90 year olds having tea and talking about The Great War. But then, there’s not a lot of identifying information in this thread.

Yes, the ATO has pretty powerful data matching capabilities. How do you think 99% of your tax return is already filled out for you these days? Good job that none of us here are advocating any illegal activities.

And another point, regardless of the nature of the function, if alcohol is consumed ( except in private property that stays on private property ) you will need to get some sort of permission to run the event with alcohol.

Get caught without permission then you better like prison green

Latest posts

Back