Pumpkin Beer, Do You Plan On Ever Making One

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you have a go at making one to enter in a comp

• I would make a Pumpkin Beer and enter it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I plan on making a Pumpkin Beer one day, but not interested in entering a comp

• Not interested in making Pumpkin Beer

• Total voters

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Reaction score
The date for the next Annual Goomeri Pumpkin Festival is May 29th 2011

http://www.goomeripumpkinfestival.com.au/

Early days so most of the info still refers to this years Festival, but planning is underway.

Spoke with organisers recently, it's all about Pumpkin and they are always looking for new quirky inclusions for the Festival. So how well would a Pumpkin Beer Competition be received. A simple single category and something a little out of the usual. How many AHB'ers would be keen to make a batch and enter such a comp?

For next year organisers are looking into serving a commercial Pumpkin Beer at the Heritage Dinner Dance.

All power to the beer I say, and if a Pumpkin Festival and a Homebrewed Pumpkin Beer Competition helps to promote great beer then I'll support it. A great little festival, some people stay for up to a week visiting regional tourisn spots Cooloola Region and South Burnett

Lets see how many would be interested in entering such a Specialty Beer Category.

Cheers,

Screwy

The date for the next Annual Goomeri Pumpkin Festival is May 29th 2011

http://www.goomeripumpkinfestival.com.au/

Early days so most of the info still refers to this years Festival, but planning is underway.

Spoke with organisers recently, it's all about Pumpkin and they are always looking for new quirky inclusions for the Festival. So how well would a Pumpkin Beer Competition be received. A simple single category and something a little out of the usual. How many AHB'ers would be keen to make a batch and enter such a comp?

For next year organisers are looking into serving a commercial Pumpkin Beer at the Heritage Dinner Dance.

All power to the beer I say, and if a Pumpkin Festival and a Homebrewed Pumpkin Beer Competition helps to promote great beer then I'll support it. A great little festival, some people stay for up to a week visiting regional tourisn spots Cooloola Region and South Burnett

Lets see how many would be interested in entering such a Specialty Beer Category.

Cheers,

Screwy

Mayhap me Screwy, could be interesting - I'll do some reading up.

There are a number of recipes on Pumpkin Brews I have previously read up on, a few on the brewing network, and some others I found online many months ago.

The brew list is long at my place...

Subscribed and interested.

I was planning on making one around that time next year but it will be my first so probably won't be comp ready. Middle option for me.

I will ask the boys inside Grafton Jail next time I am working there

I'd be in on it, as would a few others I know who have brewed them in the past.

Made one after tasting the Murrays Pumpkin Seasonal at the bitter & Twisted festival, came out a bit funky due to poor temp control but still drinkable. I am super keen to do another this year although given todays date I am no doubt going to miss the Halloween theme. :icon_cheers:

It sounds like an absolutely stark-raving bonkers idea ...

I'm in :super: (and I don't use that smiley lightly)

OK Brewers it's Game On!!

The Annual Goomeri Pumpkin Festival this year includes a Homebrewed Pumpkin Beer Competition, entry forms are available from the website: http://www.goomeripumpkinfestival.com.au/

Pumpkin_Festival.png

Send your entries in and lets see who can nail this style. If you live close, take the drive and visit the festival, it's a great family day out.

Screwy

Don't think the ANAWBS 2011 Mashpaddle Beer has been announced, maybe you're thinking of the BABBS Mini Mashpaddle Comp.

Anyway, looking forward to this one!

Screwy

Thought the mash paddle beer this year was Irish Red Ale ? Unless I misread another comp ?

Well the festival was a great success as was the Pumpkin Beer Comp. Some fantastic entries and some difficult decisions for the judges. The beers were all so different, the judges looked to identify the theme of the festival in the beers - Pumpkin in conjunction with the style -Spice/Herb and most of all drinkability.

Results are with the festival steward atm and results should be available soon. Many thanks to the judges and stewards for their professionalism, a difficult job as this was a public judging with spectators looking on. Well Done!!!!!!

Cheers

Best All Grain Beer David Clarke

Best Extract Chris Ossowski

Champion Beer David Clarke

Well done BABBS boys :icon_chickcheers:

Best All Grain Beer David Clarke

Best Extract Chris Ossowski

Champion Beer David Clarke

Well done BABBS boys :icon_chickcheers:

Well done Dave (Pocket Beers), Wow Chris Ossowski there's one out of the blue.

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Well done PB. Don't think I got a chance to try your beer on Thursday... Bring some along to next meeting if you have any - I think there may be a few wanting to try!

Cheers

Back