Pump Issues

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm using a Nova pump, the smaller version of the Idra which I know some of you use. They are designed the same just smaller, so I was told.

I tried my pump once. Damn. Should have invested more time in fitting the tubing and stuff. But apart from the obvious problems of tubes not sealing and coming off, and my language becoming more vibrant, the fitting that replaces the cover so you can put an input tube didn't seem to seal very well to the pump itself. Has anyone else noticed/had issues with this? I was thinking of putting some teflon tape around the edge, or would this be a bad idea with the hot wort?

This is the fitting I'm talking about.

http://www.sicce.co.uk/Attacco1.gif

Thanks,

Sam

Sam,
I take it there's a 'O' ring under the impeller cover

Yeah, there's an O-ring. Maybe I could try and track down a slightly fatter o-ring.

i use the bigger pump IDRA and it seals great... so i am not sure why yours aint

e-mail them and ask, or take it back and get them to show you that it works, or replace it if it does not

I'll set it up properly and try it again. Should work.

Also, do you recirculate with a jug before using the pump to reduce grain entering the pump, or is this not of concern?

sam

The 'O' ring was made to go with the pump and should not require changing to a large diameter.
Give it a very thin smear of vasaline and try abain

Back