• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Propylene Glycol from Vape Stores

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

DazGore

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering if there would be any issue with using Glycol sold in vape stores? it's 99.7% food grade.

I live in Newcastle and it's a lot cheaper to buy a 5Ltr of Glycol from the local vape store than it is to get it shipped up from Melbourne.

I cannot see it being an issue, but just wondering if anyone has tried it.
I'm guessing it does not have inhibitors in it, but how much this would be a problem in a g40 chiller I do not know.

Thanks
Daz

soreba

BeardedDogz
Reaction score
There are no additives in Glycol for brewery use. Vape glycol is the same thing as they use in commercial brewery chillers. Go nuts...
You may be thinking of something like car antifreeze that has additives? Don't use that... Toxic

DazGore

Reaction score
There are no additives in Glycol for brewery use. Vape glycol is the same thing as they use in commercial brewery chillers. Go nuts...
You may be thinking of something like car antifreeze that has additives? Don't use that... Toxic
Thanks, no, I have never used car anti freeze, always food graded propylene glycol. With postage from both Keg----'s In Melbourne, even if there is no inhibitors, it would cost less to replace more often. Thanks

Latest posts