Promash Software

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjhansford

Reaction score
Due to a business liquidation and a new computer purchase I have to reload Promash onto my new system. I've managed to save all of my recipe and session files so that's good.

Problem is I've lost my download instructions and registration key.

I've tried emailing Promash to advise my new email address (the old one has disappeared with the liquidation), but emails to mailto:[email protected] don't go ... all I get is a 'message undeliverable' response.

In frustration I even purchased a new copy last Wednesday ... but still nothing has come from Promash.

Anyone else having problems with Promash?

Any suggestions?

Garry :icon_cheers:

G'day Garry,

I've transferred Promash to a new PC by installing the demo and then overwriting all the old files into the newly created Promash folder. Its worth a try.

Last I heard about the guy who did promash was that he had a very crook wife and was taking time off from the new release of Promash to look after her. That must have been a couple of years ago though. It sounds like promash might be on its way out... :(

Promash are extremely slow to respond and check your junk email and you may have to turn off your Email protection on your .

I've had mine for a few years now and it is easy to transfer with memory stick/flashcard/USB-Stick.
It is on my PC/ laptop and Stick.

No problems yet. I just have to remember to update pc or laptop when I change things.

Check your junk mail.

Happened to me. I was sending death threats and then someone told me to check my junk mail - bang there it was.

OP here ...

Email from Promash arrived last night ... all is well. Works on Windows 7 ... :) . I was able to 'import' all of my recipes and sessions ... :D . But not my inventory ... :( . Have to re-enter by hand one item at a time ... grain ... hops ... yeast. And it was going to be a brew day!

I had nothing but probs with Promash - went to purchase it, nothing, no response. Sent a number of emails and nil response. I thought if you won't take my money I'll find someone who will, so bought BeerSmith - no problems at all, fast and easy.

I wasn't happy with Promash's customer service: not responding to customers is pretty piss-poor imo.

The guy that wrote Promash had a period where his wife was gravely ill I believe and custoner service suffered. But I like the software when you get used to it.

OP here ...

Email from Promash arrived last night ... all is well. Works on Windows 7 ... :) . I was able to 'import' all of my recipes and sessions ... :D . But not my inventory ... :( . Have to re-enter by hand one item at a time ... grain ... hops ... yeast. And it was going to be a brew day!

I managed to do this, just find your inventory files in the version with all the info and drag and drop. IIRC they are in the first folder.

EDIT: I believe the files are hops.dat and malt.dat

I've had nothing but good results from promash and service... mind you that was before the creator had other understandable problems. Yes the customer service is lacking ATM, but it is great software

The guy that wrote Promash had a period where his wife was gravely ill I believe and custoner service suffered. But I like the software when you get used to it.

Indeed.

If that's the case then my sympathies for him. Them's the breaks when you work for youself, no such thing as sick leave (mind u the same goes if you work in the US).

Back