Promash Losing Inventory?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WitWonder

Reaction score
Been using Promash for a while now and have been attempting to keep diligent stock records. I don't really have concrete proof, however I am wondering if Promash is doing odd things with my inventory levels? It's not as though I brew every day so really all I have is anecdotal evidence - like, I am pretty sure I had 10kg of Pilsner and now Promash is showing 2kg. It's not just one specific item, either - I look at some of my stock and think "What the hell?!" :ph34r:

Does anyone else share this suspicion or am I suffering early alzheimers? I don't think there is any way to check inventory transactions, is there?

No I haven't seen this. Been using it since '02.
You haven't been committing inventory through brew sessions by hitting the 'Finalise Inventory' button have you? That will do it.

Peter

No I haven't seen this. Been using it since '02.
You haven't been committing inventory through brew sessions by hitting the 'Finalise Inventory' button have you? That will do it.

Peter

That's exactly where I do it :( What's the issue?

That's exactly where I do it :( What's the issue?

You should be able to check what you have used from your Brew Sessions.
You should only Finalise Inventory when you actualyy brew. Sure you havent
created a Brew Session without actually brewing the beer?
I have been using Promash for about 10 years without any problems.

You should be able to check what you have used from your Brew Sessions.
You should only Finalise Inventory when you actualyy brew. Sure you havent
created a Brew Session without actually brewing the beer?
I have been using Promash for about 10 years without any problems.

Sure I can go back and check my brew sessions, but this doesn't take into account stock that has been added (Apart from the fact it would be a fairly tedious job). After I finish a brew I finalise my Promash sessions, calculate efficiency, OG etc and then finalise inventory and save the session.

Peter's comment seems to imply there's an issue adjusting your inventory through the brew session, so I'll wait for his reply. In the interim I might have a play around with some dummy stocks and sessions and see what happens.

Sure I can go back and check my brew sessions, but this doesn't take into account stock that has been added (Apart from the fact it would be a fairly tedious job). After I finish a brew I finalise my Promash sessions, calculate efficiency, OG etc and then finalise inventory and save the session.

Peter's comment seems to imply there's an issue adjusting your inventory through the brew session, so I'll wait for his reply. In the interim I might have a play around with some dummy stocks and sessions and see what happens.

Sorry, gap put it better. I wanted to make sure you weren't doing the obvious thing of committing, then NOT brewing.
'Finalising Inventory' & brewing is normal usage & NOT what I was checking.

Are you using version 1.8a?
Peter

Back