Programming The Stc 1000 Temp Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank God I've only got an old fashioned Fridgemate that runs nicely on GW Basic :blink:

100 IF Beer done
101 KEG
102 ELSE
103 GOTO 100
104 END IF

Works every time although the code for the Pascal empowered TempMate is a bit of a wank.

Thank God I've only got an old fashioned Fridgemate that runs nicely on GW Basic :blink:

100 IF Beer done
101 KEG
102 ELSE
103 GOTO 100
104 END IF

Works every time although the code for the Pascal empowered TempMate is a bit of a wank.

Old skool GEek! :D

I had a mate install my STC1000 in a chest freezer. I plan on using this freezer either as a keezer or fermenting fridge. Haven't decided yet.

I have followed the instructions on setting the temperatures as best I can however I must be stupider then I thought and having problems.

I have been pressing the S button and holding to set the F1 temp. It is obviously at the default setting already. I hold the S button whilst setting the temp using the up/down arrows and leave it when at desired temp. What I am noticing is it isn't saving my set temp and automatically defaulting back to the original temp.

How do I save my set temp and what am I doing wrong?

Any links would be appreciated but I haven't found anything useful searching myself. I am stupid though ;)

I have been pressing the S button and holding to set the F1 temp. It is obviously at the default setting already. I hold the S button whilst setting the temp using the up/down arrows and leave it when at desired temp. What I am noticing is it isn't saving my set temp and automatically defaulting back to the original temp.
After that press the power button to set the new temp.

No sweat, welcome to easy temp control. Dont forget to stick the probe on the outside of your fv for better accuracy.

Or in a large container of water.....2lt cordial bottle, 3lt Coke bottle etc.

Or in a large container of water.....2lt cordial bottle, 3lt Coke bottle etc.

Would putting the probe in a large container of water keep the fermenter at the same temp?

i.e Would 3L of water (what the probe is in) cool/warm at the same rate as a larger 25L fermenter?

I would have thought 3L would get to temp much quicker than 25L.

It sounds like a scientific question. I was hopeless at science.

I'm hazarding a guess, but I would think that the probe in a bottle would be slower to react to temp changes than probe with just a bit of insulation material protecting it from Air temp changes.

Waiting for the expert response as I've ordered a STC and awaiting its arrival ;)

Cheers

Putting it in a water bottle will help with cycling too much, but since your beer is often a degree or two (can be a lot hotter than you think ~5C with some nutso yeasts) the best place for your probe is in the beer. Second best (what I prefer) is to stick it to some neoprene (old stubbie cooler) and stick the neoprene to the side of the fermenter. This both buffers the cycling, and picks up the fermenter's temp, not the air in the fridge.

Latest posts

Back