Programable Digital Temp Gauge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh...the days of looking thru National Semiconductors data bibles brings back back the memories ( the ones the beer hasnt killed )...All this PC controlled, software programable, computer comtrolled talk reminds me of when my brother visits and I feed him full of beer and start comparing notes. He is the ungineer, me the technucion....

My way of thinking would be to use a PLL type setup ( phase locked loop )..rather easy and accurate if you get it right...

The Brewing Farmer said:
My way of thinking would be to use a PLL type setup ( phase locked loop )..rather easy and accurate if you get it right...
Why not bring back the steam engine with the PLL's?

One time I would have probably used PLL's, but now with digital sensors and PC's it is much simpler.

Cheers
Pedro

PLL's Haa I have some old valves you could use with that cct

How about a basic stamp or a picstick that would cover all your brewery and the rest pic stick is neat 2 motherboards one buy your pc one in the brewery just dump to the pic stick and plug it in your brewery done
but have to agree a I/O card in a 486/Pet 100 would work a treat geez they got to the moon with less iam sure it would brew a beer

sintax

I just scored a swag! of dallas digital temp ic's :) so i will be going this way for sure now YAY

Pedro, interested in the info re: laptop and the interface to the digital inputs. Pic's are limited in the number of digital in, and for a brewery (not simply things like fermenter temp) the PC may be a better option

or maybe i just want to play and waste money.... one or the other

Have a look at www.digitemp.com This is where I started to get info on the Dallas chips

Cheers
Pedro

Latest posts

Back