Proculture Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyAnchovy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if proculture in WA are still around? Their website seems to be down, and I can't find any contact details.....

You might like to ask Nev from Gryphon Brewing, since he used to retail the Proculture yeasts (but they are not on the website now).
Last I heard, Proculture products were unavailable because they were redeveloping packaging to stop the vials from leaking.

You might like to ask Nev from Gryphon Brewing, since he used to retail the Proculture yeasts (but they are not on the website now).
Last I heard, Proculture products were unavailable because they were redeveloping packaging to stop the vials from leaking.

This is the last I heard from Nev also. I emailed the owner of proculture ages ago to inquire about it and he assured they were going back into production as soon as the lids were sorted.
It would be great; awesome product and to be able to keep my money local.
Cheers.

This is the last I heard from Nev also. I emailed the owner of proculture ages ago to inquire about it and he assured they were going back into production as soon as the lids were sorted.
It would be great; awesome product and to be able to keep my money local.
Cheers.
JYO I'd like to keep your money local as well :icon_cheers: .
I haven't heard any news on Pro culture closing down so I cant comment. Hope its just a web hiccup.
Nev

JYO I'd like to keep your money local as well :icon_cheers: .
I haven't heard any news on Pro culture closing down so I cant comment. Hope its just a web hiccup.
Nev

For sure, Nev. It's great that the prices were really competitive with wyeast too :)

Thanks all,

hoping it is a simple website bug. Does anyone have any direct contact details?

Coincidentally I went to try and buy some this morning from malthouse in Welshpool, none available and when i asked if all was well with the supply chain the comment was not forthcoming...

It's great yeast, really good product. Hope to see them back.

On a bright not I picked up a wyeast made on the 12 May which is fresh enough for my liking :super:

Bring on Sat Brew day!!

I contacted them earlier this year and received this reply:

Hi Robert, thanks for your support. At the moment only microbreweries are being catered for. Unfortunately, the homebrewing market is hard to cater to. New pressure capable vials have been purchased and new shrink sleeves are being designed. So in future I will offer again but may restrict available strains unless users want to pay a strain recovery fee in which case they could have access to the full range. Another option will be to order direct through the web on the proculture site. I haven't made final decisions yet. I will consider a minimum order of 4 cultures of one strain.
Which strain or strains are you interested in? If I have cultured it for a microbrewery, or am culturing, I wouldn't fond it a problem to supply the odd vial.
Cheers
Wayne

So it sounds like they could recover a strain or two if we got the numbers together once or twice a year. They might struggle to compete against the likes of Wyeast for common strains while the dollar is so strong.

would be nice to know the WLP and WY numbers for these are?? saves buying yeast you might have.

I would love to get a hold on the mead yeasts and maybe even a cider

A little grave digging, but has anyone heard any more information about whether or not these guys will be releasing anymore yeasts?

Was keen to try some a while back and never got around to it...

Hi,
Anyone know what happened with ProCulture?

Case

Last snapshot of the website was in March 2015 according to wayback machine. Suggest dead and buried.

Back