procon brass "coffee machine pumps" for 3V etc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maheel

Reaction score
i was wondering about these pumps, i have a few in my coffee machines (other hobby...)
and have been offered a couple cheap... they are not PROCON's but are the same thing / look (rotary vain pump)

they are brass head pumps with 240v motor normally they just push tap (cold) water into the coffee machine (under pressure)
the motors have the rear cooling fans (not like the pic) so may be a bit more of a "continuous rating"

someone has a SS one in the for sales section

i will get a couple for my coffee machine spares pile

but was thinking about using them for 3V or other brewing
maybe for herms or rims and water transfer

i was concerned about grain particles and cleaning them as they are not able to be pulled apart

whats the hoards opinon ?

thanks

procon.jpg

I've got 3 as well, haven't tested them yet, guessing they will handle hot wort, solids may be a issue though....

A. Can they handle hot wort, they are only designed for cold water
B. What flow are they rated to, if it's like my coffee machine it's not that fast. I think they are great for high pressure, not flow.
C. I like to be able to strip down the head and give it a proper clean once and a while, seems like you cannot do that.

Don't mention the dishwasher pump :lol:

Flow isn't too bad pressure is good, would airate the wort well haha, cleaning would be an issue for sure, guess they wouldn't be much good....

On the plus they are good grade :)

Latest posts

Back