PRICKLY MOSES - CHAINSAW ALE

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyforssman

Reaction score
Loving this beer.

Just wondering if anyone has any clues for a recipe that would create something similar!

Recently iv been sticking to extract brews + hop boil but open to steeping some grains also. Not really set up for all grain.

Any help appreciated.

Andy

Hey mate,

I've not tried to brew this but I've had it a few times and really enjoy it.

Perhaps a mix of 50/50 light malt extract to wheat malt extract would be a good starting point. Wheat extract is usually around 50% pale / 50% wheat so you'd end up about 75% pale and 25% wheat. This might be a bit wheat heavy but I'd start with that. Consider 500g or so of dextrose to get a nice dry finish.

I'd use a small about of bittering hops early and a good dose of Ella late. Ferment with a clean yeast like US05/notto/1056/001. See how it goes, maybe dry hop a little more Ella.

Once you've done one batch you can tweak for the next go. For example, I'm onto my 5th go for white rabbit dark ale (all grain)!!

If you brew it, report back!!

Did you ever try this? I'm keen to give it a go - but wasn't so sure about a clean yeast. I thought there was a bit more complexity? Seems like some mild fruit esters and slight vinous smell?

Back