• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Pricing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[SweN]

Reaction score
well im a reasonably new brewer too. and i was wondering what a fair price for a carboy was?. 25-30 litre ones mainly. ive seen some of those 10 or 15L ones, but i reckon they would only be good for experiments.

so what kind of price range am i looking at?

For a glass carboy - probably around 50-55 dollars - 23 litre. If you're thinking of plastic, foodgrade pails are available from apiarist suppliers - generally a lower price than from homebrew stores.

cheers
reg

I just bought a couple 30 litre plastic ones from a HBS. They were about $36 each bare. I'm sure there are places that sell them a bit cheaper. Add a few extra bucks for spiggot, airlock and grommet, and an aquarium thermometer. I don't like the pails. I don't know what it is, but "my beer is in that bucket" just puts me off. :) Also with a dedicated fermenter, you usually get a clear lid so you can see the top of the brew.

PostModern said:
... Also with a dedicated fermenter, you usually get a clear lid so you can see the top of the brew.
But of course, 95% of the time humidity within the fermenter itself forms a nice opaque screen of water droplets to completely negate the benefit of a clear lid :p

Cheers,
Pete

:chug:

Back