Pressure Relief Valve.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool ... and I get to visit my fav store Bunnings too ... this thread just keeps on giving :) still in for two please, thanks weal

Hey mate, I'd like two PRVs please if you haven't ordered yet. Thanks, Sam.

I'm curious to know if there is a benifit to using one of these for naturally carbonating kegs

I'm curious to know if there is a benifit to using one of these for naturally carbonating kegs
I carbonate my kegs using the natural carbonation from fermentation, release the initial gas which contains the impurities you don't need, the back pressure will carbonate the beer with what is left for the fermentation. I use a hand pump on some of my beers and natural carbonation of a keg equals the mouthfeel and taste of that. Even though bottled gas is classed as pure it is actually a by product, there is an article I will source and post it up, and as we are producing CO2 why waste it and then buy it!

I carbonate my kegs using the natural carbonation from fermentation, release the initial gas which contains the impurities you don't need, the back pressure will carbonate the beer with what is left for the fermentation. I use a hand pump on some of my beers and natural carbonation of a keg equals the mouthfeel and taste of that. Even though bottled gas is classed as pure it is actually a by product, there is an article I will source and post it up, and as we are producing CO2 why waste it and then buy it!
I have natcarbed kegs before, I don't mind a couple of cloudy pints and I have heard that it produces finer Bubbles. I have seen on here references to carbonating in the keg with one of these. So I am curious as to why someone would do that.

I'm keen to get into pressure fermentation and my valve is ready to go.

So I am curious as to why someone would do that.

If you use too much priming sugar, the yeast will just munch through it all and the spunding valve will keep carbonation levels correct regardless.

Bought an adapter yesterday, had to go to 2 Bunnings stores to get one, one was cleaned out so moonhead should ask for commission, any chance of a low pressure gauge to go with the PRV WEAL?

OK prices, the price for the valve is $4.66 US shipping they will not budge on at $510.12 US even though I could get the shipping myself for around $200 US the reply I got was, we can't use them at this time. I have a feeling that because they made a big mistake on the shipping price on the last order they are trying to claw some money back.
So with bank charges and for 150 valves it will work out at $11.25 AU each landed here, $8.00 postage within Australia no matter how many within reason, so if you want 3 it is $33.75 + $8.00, 1 will be $19.25 inclusive.
So anyone interested start a list from here.

Back