Pressure Relief Valve.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hrmm a $15 adapter makes this a less exciting bargain. Hopefully there's some cheaper options around
I have heaps of 1/4" npt to 1/4" mfl adapter's, and just use John Guest flare fittings. You can also just get the 1/4" mpt John guest fitting to attach directly

I have heaps of 1/4" npt to 1/4" mfl adapter's, and just use John Guest flare fittings. You can also just get the 1/4" mpt John guest fitting to attach directly
Yeah, but where from? That's the problem I face. Every place I go to only sells bsp to whatever components.

Are you able to tell us what pressure range these work in? Last time we looked at these they seemed to be setup to 0-100psi. This large range meant they used a very hard spring, as a result they were difficult to set accurately at low pressures.

Also as these are going to be used in a wet/moist environment is it possible to get the steel springs changed out to stainless in these units?

Are you able to tell us what pressure range these work in? Last time we looked at these they seemed to be setup to 0-100psi. This large range meant they used a very hard spring, as a result they were difficult to set accurately at low pressures.

Also as these are going to be used in a wet/moist environment is it possible to get the steel springs changed out to stainless in these units?
Can be changed out with softer/stainless springs. The scaled markings are largely inaccurate anyway.

So, after quite a number of hours googling myself silly, looking through a stupid number of home brew sites and custom pipe places, I manged to find 1/4" NPT-BSP adaptors in the stupidest of places. Bunnings!

Who'd have thunk that Bunnings would have anything remotely useful. Other than cheap burnt sausages in cheap bread.

About $3.60 each.

wD5kw5Y.jpg

The internal parts are stainless steel, and as brewgasm mentioned softer springs can be had, and the calibration is not accurate but still sufficient to calibrate to the gauge.

Anyone with shipping contacts from USA, a parcel approximately 40 X 40 X 15 cm and weighing approximately 10.5 kg please let me know what price they could get the parcel shipped from Fenton Missouri 63026 to Mulgrave 3170

So, after quite a number of hours googling myself silly, looking through a stupid number of home brew sites and custom pipe places, I manged to find 1/4" NPT-BSP adaptors in the stupidest of places. Bunnings!

Who'd have thunk that Bunnings would have anything remotely useful. Other than cheap burnt sausages in cheap bread.

About $3.60 each.

wD5kw5Y.jpg
Did those things work? I thought that the prv was 1/4" male NPT those adapters are male NPT to female BSP.

Either way, whatever the thread type is on the prv bunnings have the fitting for it.
IMG_20180531_215153.jpeg

I'm interested in two of these please.

Have been checking out some cheaper shipping rates, also located a similar valve in India (suspect this is where the CR 25 originates) just waiting for more prices.

Back