Pressure Cooker

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megs8888

Reaction score
Hi all I am looking for a pressure cooker to sterilise vial for yeast cultivating, and from what im reading in needs to get to 15psi, anyone recommend a cheap pressure cooker or alternative autoclaves are too expensive.

There are other ways, one is Tyndallization, mostly outdated in labs but pretty useful for home sterilisers who have low equipment levels, really just a pot and a stove is all you need.
Might get you going until you gear up.
Mark

I am not sure if this counts as cheap but it works a treat for sterilising and doubles as a preserving vessel for extra summer produce. I like having the pressure gauge to give me an idea of what I am trying to achieve.
It often drops in price down to $135 inexplicably if you keep your eye on the price.
I haven't used it for yeast but have for mushroom cultivation and micropropagation
https://www.ozfarmer.com/canning-pr...ason-jar-canner-cooker-with-3-piece-regulator

If you're in Brisbane I've got an 8l stovetop pressure cooker that I'm happy to part with.

If you're in Brisbane I've got an 8l stovetop pressure cooker that I'm happy to part with.
all good bought a 8 litre pressure cooker for $100 yesterday appreciate the offer though.

Back