Premium Beer Night

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc_ksom

Reaction score
G'day guy's n Gals

I am new to the board and wanted to have a premium beer night, and as I have not had the plessure of tasting many really really good beers, I was after some opinions of what I should ask my friends to bring.

The styles I like are Malty, fruity beer, something like J Squire (amber ale) I also like the Saaz hop flavour and aroma of some Pilsner beers, etc...

I would realy like to try some UK and German beers, etc... Please if they could be kept under or around $60 a carton would be nice.

Ohh !!!!

And to go with the beer drinking, there is also, Well i plan to have an alternate BBQ, something out of the ordinary, kangaroo, emu, snake, etc...
Could some of you give me some ideas there, ive got a few ideas as i dont mind cooking, but any more idea's would be great.. I have a feeling the night is going to be interesting and very expensive, but I cant wait for it to warm a little so we can have this night....
Thanks....

Casey

On the food side of things...not exactly BBQ food, but "bhuja mix" goes with any beer style! :D

PZ.

PZ

LoL
I dont even know what that is, is that some sort of seafood mix.???
Casey

They sell packet bhuja mix in Woolies and places like that.

It usually consists of fried noodles, peanuts, dried peas, spices and sometimes sultanas (I don't like it with sulatanas).

The best stuff can be had from your local Indian/Pakistani/Sri Lankan or even sometimes Vietnamese spice or grocery store...this stuff puts the Woolies junk to shame! :ph34r:

One of my best friends' dad used to make it...and he brewed.....used to love a visit to that house...yummo! :chug:
PZ.

Roo fillets are awesome on the barbie, just don't cook 'em too long! most decent Coles meat sections have 'em and they're cheap too.

Fingerlickin_B said:

It usually consists of fried noodles, peanuts, dried peas, spices and sometimes sultanas (I don't like it with sulatanas).

The best stuff can be had from your local Indian/Pakistani/Sri Lankan or even sometimes Vietnamese spice or grocery store...this stuff puts the Woolies junk to shame! :ph34r:

One of my best friends' dad used to make it...and he brewed.....used to love a visit to that house...yummo! :chug:
PZ.
[post="80035"][/post]​

A friend of mine makes his own adaptation of this, that uses, among other ingredients, Nutri-grain and Chilli powder!

Sounds dodgy, but is very moorish with an ale!

mandrakar said:
Fingerlickin_B said:

PZ.
[post="80035"][/post]​

A friend of mine makes his own adaptation of this, that uses, among other ingredients, Nutri-grain and Chilli powder!

Sounds dodgy, but is very moorish with an ale!
[post="80095"][/post]​

Another different one is 'nuts and bolts' - Nutragrain with peanuts and curry powder (not sure what else is in here but it sure is yum..

Kangaroo is great, just down smell it while cooking, it nearly makes me gag...

Not much of a fan of nuts and bolts although loved them as a kid. Now days pistachios seems to hit the spot. Tzatiki (however you spell it) i find is a great mouth refreshing type dip between beers.
Pork ribs and rashers are a big hit with me on the BBQ and one day I'll have to get my arse into gear and try smoking some (before you say anything i don't mean in my bong :lol: ) that seems to be a big hit amoung our american brewing counter parts.

As far as beers go i'd be looking into the aussie micro scene, as far as UK beers go $60 ussually only gets you 7-8 x 500ml bottles.
A very very cheap reasonable beer going around the bottlos' is amsterdam mariner, its a good beer for filling up 1 litre steins, its from holland. its only around $28 bucks here sometimes.

Master of insanity
Jayse

jayse said:
Not much of a fan of nuts and bolts although loved them as a kid. Now days pistachios seems to hit the spot. Tzatiki (however you spell it) i find is a great mouth refreshing type dip between beers.
Pork ribs and rashers are a big hit with me on the BBQ and one day I'll have to get my arse into gear and try smoking some (before you say anything i don't mean in my bong :lol: ) that seems to be a big hit amoung our american brewing counter parts.

As far as beers go i'd be looking into the aussie micro scene, as far as UK beers go $60 ussually only gets you 7-8 x 500ml bottles.
A very very cheap reasonable beer going around the bottlos' is amsterdam mariner, its a good beer for filling up 1 litre steins, its from holland. its only around $28 bucks here sometimes.

Master of insanity
Jayse
[post="80113"][/post]​

Jayse,
Pork on the barby is my fav too, I get a whole pork belly from the butchers and dry rub with sweet paprika, chillie powder, salt and leave in the fridge overnight, then cook on a barbie with a lid for about 4 hrs on low. I make up a wet sauce of sweet soy sauce, paprika, chillie powder, smoky BBQ sauce and some garlic and baste the pork as it cooks. It turns out tender as you could imagine and serves about 10 people.

Cheers
Andrew

Thanx heaps for that andrew I'll be giving that a crack for sure. I can't get enough of pork and am always after other ways to do it.

Cheers
Jayse

Latest posts

Back