Premium Aussie Swill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mall

Reaction score
From the Velocity Bar at Sydney Airport

Apparently, Crown Lager and Carlton Dry is premium and or boutique aussie beer:

IMG_20141002_154526.jpg

Carlton Dry = Liquified plastic.

I would go the Pilsner Urquell or the Fat Yak.

Pubs and there mega swill though, where we would we be without them.

And "local" beer is more expensive?

Yep, carlton dry is the one that worries me. horrible horrible beer

$8.50 for a carlton dry... wow

FY was my gateway beer, others have suggested they changed the recipe over the years and I tend to agree... unfortunately. I'd still go FY over the others on that board.

Reminds me of a conference I went to at a resort on the Gold Coast ... beer list consisting of fourteen prestigious beers ... all lagers, all brewed in Australia!

they can call them what they like, boutique or premium.....they wont ever be able to label them CRAFT!

People, you must remember among the gullible mass mind of the general population it's advertising that rules their minds. Sad but true, take solace in the fact that their lies haven't worked on you. :party:

I find it fascinating that Carlton Dry manages to be both "Boutique" and "Local" yet somehow Carlton Draught doesn't quite make the cut to attain that higher accolade.

It's funny, looking at the reviews that the various bogans have left on Dan Murphys for these respective beers -- they actually agree with this sentiment.

Back