Pre-Nationals meet?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n87

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Hi All,

I had a thought that we might be able to have a meet before the Nationals considering a few of our members got places, Congrats all

I believe Nationals is on 13th Oct:
http://aabc.org.au/

Possible dates:

17/18 Sept
24/25
1/2 Oct

Congratulations to the place getters over the weekend, great results.

I'm ok for 24,25/9 or 1,2/10.

I'll put my hand up to host also.

Looks like 24/25 is leading the race.

Would it be good to bring along the comp beers that people entered and the judge notes so we can follow along?
Provided we get the notes in time that is.

Considering my beers will need to be re-brewed, I'm counting on the notes to be emailed by then. Sounds like a good idea.

I will need to sit this one out due to work commitments. Hope it is a good one and your beers do well in the nats.

I won't be around on the 24/25 either. Well done in the state comp guys, great to see quite a few getting such fantastic results. Good luck in the Aussies.

So do we want to do it on Sunday like normal?
If we have it a Yogi's place he cant pull out :)

Attendees:
n87 +1 (maybe 2)
Yogi Beer
endisnigh
fungrel

Has everyone got their score sheets back?

I'm in for Sunday.

Score sheets back, and the hoppy beers I entered have not held up well. Saved a bottle of the wretched stuff.

Will also have a bottle of the re-brewed batch.

Sunday 25th is good - I can host, but I really like your idea about Yogi's place!!

I should have the 'enhanced' version of the stout that came 2nd at the very least.

The rest of my beers didn't do very well, with comments relating to oxidation and DMS that don't seem to be present on tap (even still) - so I'll have to look at my packaging process.

I'm all good to host on the 25th.
It is true, if I commit I can't back out!

I'll fire up the smoker again (and take care of the meat)
not 100% on what I'll cook, see how many are coming
and how busy I am, may just be smoked sausages.

Beer wise it's a sad story here.
An OK porter and not much else apart from a sour or two.

I think it is going to be relatively light on the beer front, it was only a couple of months since our last meet.
Maybe we wont get as... um... blurry...

I have a Belgian Pale Ale (that was meant to be done in time for the last meet... but i only started fermenting it a few weeks ago..)
and the state famous Porter.

Whose in for Sunday?
I'll sort out the meat, pretty sure I'll just smoke some sausages

Me +1
I think fungrel is 50/50

Unfortunately I'm going to have to sit this one out.

I move the heavy objects into the new house that day, and I will lose a testicle if I tell the girl that I'm going out to drink beer.

'nigh, if you dont get the rolls, I will.

Back