Pre-coiled Stainless Tube For A Jockey Box.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkaos

Reaction score
Hey All,
With summer around the corner, I want to get setup with a jockey box. Trying to find anywhere to buy pre-coiled stainless is a nightmare. I presume by using copper it will deteriorate rather quickly?

If anyone knows where to get pre-coiled stuff or an engineering shop that can order it in that would be brilliant.

I remember one of the vendors selling them a few years ago but haven't seen anything recently.

Cheers,
Clint

Hey All,
With summer around the corner, I want to get setup with a jockey box. Trying to find anywhere to buy pre-coiled stainless is a nightmare. I presume by using copper it will deteriorate rather quickly?

If anyone knows where to get pre-coiled stuff or an engineering shop that can order it in that would be brilliant.

I remember one of the vendors selling them a few years ago but haven't seen anything recently.

Cheers,
Clint

Best I could find was keg king. 16 metres for $120.

Had a crack on the long weekend from a warm keg... Nothing but head (but ice cold).
Clearly needs some work.

It was plenty enough to cool a warm keg to an icy cool glass of foam.
It's just my balancing and connections that need some work is all.

I eventually got it going ok with what I had, but after walking away from it for 15 mins or so a JG fitting had failed, my esky was full of beer, and all my gas had blown out. So there was no more experimenting for me.

It was shit beer anyway that needed to go so I wasn't too worried.

Hi Clint,

I have a Temprite chiller coil I've been intending to place on ebay, when I get around to it.

It measures approx. 8.5mtrs. x 9.5mm. Not sure about the wall thickness but its really thin.

I'll post a pic later if your interested.

Cheers

It was plenty enough to cool a warm keg to an icy cool glass of foam.

Was your warm keg carbonated in a fridge?

If so having it go from fridge temp to room temp makes the CO2 want to come out of solution. Same as the first pour through a warm tap. Better to try not to have a massive difference in temps between the keg and the tap.

Laws of Gas

Edit: spelling

Latest posts

Back