Power points in Canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djackal

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got quotes $1400 to wire up a 15amp outlet plus a couple of small 10amp outlets on 2 circuits (one existing). It's only 2 metres away from the switch and the board is 3 phase and has room.
This sounds way over the top. What would be a reasonable price for this job? Getting a couple of extra quotes still so hopefully they are closer to my budget

He dosen't want the job so is charging accordingly. Pretty simple to do, 2.5mm squared is good for 20 amps for 20 mtrs so he don't even need any special wire. Get other quotes till you get a realistic price. Lots of them these days will not touch anything under a whole house

He dosen't want the job so is charging accordingly. Pretty simple to do, 2.5mm squared is good for 20 amps for 20 mtrs so he don't even need any special wire. Get other quotes till you get a realistic price. Lots of them these days will not touch anything under a whole house
Get in touch with your local Tafe, they may like to bring some kids out on a training excersize.

The cheapest place to mount a 15 or higher power point would be on the power board itself.

Given there is room on the board you would then just need a bit longer lead, might save you some.
I suspect busman might be right, he didn’t want the job but if you will pay that much he will take your money.
Mark

agree, doesn't want your job - I live well out of town (so minimal competition) and paid ~$1k for a 65m new circuit cable run to a pair of 15A points + a bunch of GPOs

Bit of a hijack - can anyone recommend someone in Melbourne? Same deal as above - inner suburbs.

Back