Pour?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freezkat

Reaction score
A Czech Pilzen should look look like this.

vycepni.jpg

In the states we are value oriented. So if we get served 40% foam in a liter, we complain. Yes, I admit, many of us like catsup, mayonnaise, ranch dressing and have missed some of life's intricacies due to our forgone conclusions that the only way the world spins is our way.

I was in Berlin last year and the server (Tiegel Airport Merkur Hotel**** friendliest people in Berlin. No Hoy Hoy Hoy but they appreciated my attempt at the language) sprinkled in a tiny bit of sugar into Kstritzer Schwarzbier for head retention I imagine. It was delightful. It was served in a tall tulip glass. I was told it was the favorite beer of Schiller and Goethe. Well damn, I better enjoy it then I surmised.

What other pours are there? If one is supposed to quaff the quaff. One should quaffinate correctly then.

Had a similar experience at the local german club who put a small amount of rice in the glass when pouring a schwarbier (IIRC) for head retention.

Hadn't seen it done before, although I'm sure it's the norm in quite a few german/belgian cafe's. Similar sort've concept to the small amount of sugar in your brewskie freezkat

Sponge

What other pours are there? If one is supposed to quaff the quaff. One should quaffinate correctly then.

I posted this pic in another thread recently. It comes from the Brouwland web site in Belgium ( http://www.brouwland.com/en/ ) from the page they list the all grain kits that they sell.

I presume it shows the glasses and pours of the different style beers they make kits for.

Magical_Snap___2012.04.24_12.55___001.jpg

I posted this pic in another thread recently. It comes from the Brouwland web site in Belgium ( http://www.brouwland.com/en/ ) from the page they list the all grain kits that they sell.

I presume it shows the glasses and pours of the different style beers they make kits for.

View attachment 54029
what that pic shows it the kits they sell/have brewed and the shops idea of how it should be poured and what glass to demonstrate colour etc of the kit and to assist ion the sale. I'd be looking at something a little more Michael Jackson's Great Beer Guide as a resource

Back