Potters Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wasabi

Reaction score
Guys,

I was up in the Hunter Valley on the weekend and got a chance to drop by the "Potters Brewery" up there, just outside Pokolbin.

Has anyone been there or know anything about it?

It looks like it use to be an old pottery place that they have converted. They sell 4 beers made by a brewery called St Arnou.

I asked the guy about it and he said that it is all made in Sydney and brought up, but that they are in the process of builing a brewery to make it up there. (In the process being they dug a hole).

They had an Cream Ale, A Pilsner, A Belgian Fruit and a Pale Ale. As I was driving I had to limit myself to just one so I tried the Pale Ale and have to admit I was a bit disappointed. It started ou quite good like that first taste you get on a little creatures, but it had a real VB finish to it which spoilt it for me.

So if anyone has tried any of the others, should I bother giving them a second chance? And what is St Arnou?

I thought the St Arnou Brewery was in NZ!

St Arnou was the patron Saint of brewers in Metz, France. He travelled the countryside preaching about the ill effects of drinking water.

I'll get this wrong but it sort of goes like this ...
"With Gods love and mans sweat, beer blah blah blah ...!" ... or something like that!

Yes they are a NZ (Auckland) based brewery.
A good article is available here from when they were getting started.
My favourite is the Creamy Ale.
Maybe they are brewing it under contract in Sydney now ??????
They have it on tap at Harts Pub in the Rocks.

Cheers,
Doc

I'm lucky to have A St Arnou bar just around the corner from work.
There Pilsner and Wit Beers are Fantastic, there the only two I will drink. I dont like there creamy ale, but that my opinion to smokey flavor for me.

Rook

So I guess it looks like I just chose the wrong one to try out eh?

Well the guy assured me that it was made in Sydney and that it would be made up there on site once the brewery is built.

FamousGuy: :lol:

Latest posts

Back