Posting Cold Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewgong

Reaction score
Gday fellas I've got a very nice beer on tap at the moment and I'd love to send a few bottles of it to a mate up qld I'm in Nsw. Obviously I don't want the beer getting warm I was thinking about one of those small styrofoam eskys that hold a six pack then packing dry ice in around the bottles. Would this work or is there any better ways of doing it without outrageous postage costs?
as always any help much appreciated

The little polystyrene box would work posting priority, but dodging the outrageous postage costs.:fallingoffchair:

If you packed dry ice around the bottles I'd be concerned that you will freeze the beer.

Hello Drewgong I had your dilemma, Australian shipping costs are outrageous. Here is my solution: I got a ‘fishing quality’ esky from BCF it is 385w 240d 300h. It holds eight 750ml plastic bottles and full it qualifies for both weight and cubic weight to be shipped anywhere in Australia by Officeworks courier. You have to lodge it at a retail outlet then its delivered to the recipients door for a maximum price of $20… I have used it heaps and never had a problem with damage, spoiling, you can insure it for an extra $1 we do, those esky aren’t cheap but bloody good quality, this has been round Australia more times than Skylab… Oh yeah this is the maximum size they take you could do smaller cheaper but it has to hit the weight cubic weight ratio.

I put my bottled beer on an eight bottle manifold with C02 in a fridge, I cut a few of each batch during filtering when I have eight someone gets a surprise.

Attachments

• IMG_2439.JPG
    IMG_2439.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2441.JPG
    IMG_2441.JPG
    775.7 KB · Views: 128
Hello Drewgong I had your dilemma, Australian shipping costs are outrageous. Here is my solution: I got a ‘fishing quality’ esky from BCF it is 385w 240d 300h. It holds eight 750ml plastic bottles and full it qualifies for both weight and cubic weight to be shipped anywhere in Australia by Officeworks courier. You have to lodge it at a retail outlet then its delivered to the recipients door for a maximum price of $20… I have used it heaps and never had a problem with damage, spoiling, you can insure it for an extra $1 we do, those esky aren’t cheap but bloody good quality, this has been round Australia more times than Skylab… Oh yeah this is the maximum size they take you could do smaller cheaper but it has to hit the weight cubic weight ratio.

I put my bottled beer on an eight bottle manifold with C02 in a fridge, I cut a few of each batch during filtering when I have eight someone gets a surprise.
your not gunna believe this but I had that exact same esky when I used to work up in qld fifo when I finished up I gave that esky to the guy that I want to send the beer too now. do you just fill the esky with ice? are they fairly quick to deliver?

I have found the service to be very quick 5 days per/syd I don't bother with ice I don't send in jan/feb and Its a given that the receiver pays the return $20
edit : great little esky...

Back