Posting beer local

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosco

Reaction score
I want to post some beer to a mate in country Vic from Melbourne. Ive never done it before so just wondering how to go about it. Im gonna post 4 x 500ml bottles. Should i just use a poster tube with bubble wrap and label fragile?

When I've posted bottles for to lotto winners in the past I've used a rectangular post pack and lots of bubble wrap. Used glass bottles but not thin glass. All made it safely to destination. Mark it fragile as much as you want but it wont make a difference to how they handle it.

Dont send glass in a poster tube, found that one out the hard way. . .

It'll be 4 Weienstephan 500ml glass bottles. Box it is then. I have plenty of bubble wrap. Id use my pet bottles but id rather keep em for my own use.

I've sent long necks a few times, used a box and plenty of bubble wrap and made sure nothing could move, got there every time....

:icon_offtopic:

Went to Sydney last week and wanted to take a few on the plane, in this terrorism age I thought with cabin pressure and my infected brews I'd give it a miss. It was a wedding and I had to take my 90 year old mum. Her hip replacement set off the scanner, so wait for it....they searched her. They held up the whole cue for at least 5 minutes (Coolangatta and Sydney) while they took off her shoes (seated in a wheelchair mind you). When I questioned her she said that there might be a knife in there.....WTF is going on :rolleyes:

There a right PITA those airport NAzi's

They wanted to confiscate a set of keys I had ( travelling for work ).....all 25 or so on a big ring. Told him straight up. " Mate, you cant do that, they belong to the NSW Government and each one will have to be signed for...If you want i will ring my boss and you can talk to him about the process... " to which he replied.. " Yeah well they could be used as a weapon on the plane.....". He called his boss....

We got on that plane with said set of keys

Maybe it's time to re-visit some sort of National ID card. My mum is a DVA card holder, I'm pretty sure when this whole terrorism thing ends the number of grannies 85+ whose husbands were WW2 pilots and she then got into terrorism will total zero.

I've done the bubble wrap in a box and the wine bottle packs available at the post office both worked great.

My missus has a stimulator implant, for migraines (bloody fantastic bit of kit) but she can't be scanned, they can wand her from the tummy down. Of course this means she has agree to a full strip search if required(yet to happen) lucky we don't fly much.

nosco said:
It'll be 4 Weienstephan 500ml glass bottles. Box it is then. I have plenty of bubble wrap. Id use my pet bottles but id rather keep em for my own use.
What about soft drink PET bottles? Tell your mate to keep them away from sun/uv light.

I could do but I still have a tonne of bottles to use even though I'm kegging. Plus it's all about presentation.......

As you want to send 4 bottles, single packs will be expensive so I'd wrap a piece of cardboard around each bottle, secure with tape, place them in a box on top of newspaper/bubble and stuff it all around and on top of the bottles.
Cheers

I've posted bottles before inside PVC piping. You wrap the bottles in bubble wrap so they're a tight fit in the pipe, pack some more in the top and bottom and tape it all securely in place. Then put the tubes in your box. Works a treat if you have spare pipe around, as the PVC gives it a hard shell to protect the bottles.

Cheers,
RB

i'm with grott, wrap a thin piece of carboard around each one and lacky or stickytape the cardboard sleeve

bubble wrap top, bottom and sides - I don't think aussie post have a "fragile" service but I always writeadjacent to the adrees somewhere (since that's what they look at) " fragile...beer" with a smiley face and or "please handle with care, thanks!" - most human beings will respect that, even at aussie post hehe

Auspost dont have a fragile service.

Basically it needs to be robust enough to be dropped into a bin/crate

Ive got some pvc pipe about so i reckon that could work. Wont be posting for a while. Just kegged a pils last and putting in an american wheat and an irish tonight. I have a loan stout in the keezer that needs some company.

I need to send a couple of bottles to NZ. Has anyone sent any bottles internationally? Did they make it? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Tim.

Latest posts

Back