• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Post-update UI issues

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

fdsaasdf

Reaction score
The forum looks a bit more modern since the update but there are some suggestions I have to improve the usability. I couldn't see another thread relating to this.

There is a lot of dead space on the desktop site - not asking for more things to be crammed in there but I do wonder why there's only a few recent posts shown - seems to be less than half of the list before - @AHB_Admin can you please increase this to 15-20 recent posts?

AHB_Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I changed it to 15 for the right sidebar.

gap

Reaction score
I have to log in each time I open the forum now I no longer remain logged in I get hit with a large number of adds.

AHB_Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have to log in each time I open the forum now I no longer remain logged in I get hit with a large number of adds.
I have just gone into your account and set the preferences to not see ads. Any member can do this by clicking on your member name in the upper right hand corner of page. That opens your User Control Panel. Look for Preferences, and click on that. Once open, go down the list and set ads or no ads, keep right side bar or not. You can now even click off the Daily Forum Activity email there.

razz

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
Hi Admins. I haven't used the sidebar for a long time so I'm not sure if my issue is from the rebuild. When I click on any topic under "latest posts" in the sidebar it takes me to the start of the thread, not the unread posts. Is that supposed to happen? Thanks in advance.

Edward Rowe

Reaction score
It doesn't keep you logged in which is annoying.

And agreed with you Razz, it takes you to the start of the thread not the start of the unread posts

FarsideOfCrazy

Reaction score
Yeah I have to log in everytime I visit the forum, even when the 'stay logged in' box is ticked when I log in.

Lodan

Reaction score
I come back to a new UI
But one i cannot log in to (Microsoft Edge)

AHB_Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I come back to a new UI
But one i cannot log in to (Microsoft Edge)
How did you post this if you were not logged in? And have you tried clearing cookies on the Edge?
Also try Chrome and/or Firefox and see if it works there.

Lodan

Reaction score
Clearing cache yesterday didn't work.
But clearing cookies today did.
Thanks Admin
For the record, i posted from Firefox which seemed to work well straight away

Latest posts