Possible Stc1000 Imposter...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thermostat-Rept...=item3cc58f6eb5

these look like they'd work quite well...

only downsides i can see are I think it only does heat or cool (not both at same time) - hard to interpret 'instructions'

and it doesnt have a compressor delay, but to be honest, I don't think that's a real issue as neither of my fridge/freezers running on STC1000's seem to fluctuate enough for a compressor delay to be required.. they're real slow at temp changes so they don't flick on/off frequently (when a delay is needed)

i may just have to give on a go... only around the cost of a couple beers (if i ever went out for a beer!)

anyone actually bought one? reviews?

I have a similar controller (but for a reptile) and never had a drama with it but I know mine has killed a few fluros with constant on/off flicking.

tricache, why is a flouro on a thermostat?

for our dragon we run the ceramic heat lamp on a thermostat and the flouro (special type of light for him) is on a timer to replicate hours in a day..

This was back in my early days now he (blue tongue) has a heat lamp and fluro just for day/night cycle

aah the early days....

once when me moved i let SWMBO hook up the enclosure at the new house. i think the heat lamp was on the timer and the light was on 24/7.... poor little bugger!

Oh yeah done that before...and had temps WAY too high as well :lol: but I have had 2 blue tongues, 2 snakes and numerous other critters and all have been good :D

Oh yeah done that before...and had temps WAY too high as well :lol: but I have had 2 blue tongues, 2 snakes and numerous other critters and all have been good :D

My dragon is hanging out the washing at the moment.

I hear Cocko had a one eyed trouser snake, but it got dizzy.

Have one, they are a cheap start. Mine is about 3 degrees out and can't be callibrated(but this can be factored in). After building my own stc 1000 it now gathers dust. It works, but not to the precission of the STC 1000.

Ootb solution, I have 2. Quite happy. Paid more than this. Can confirm that there is some sort of built in compressor delay, turned off in the middle of it going for it and turned back ON, it stayed off for a bit.

Have one, they are a cheap start. Mine is about 3 degrees out and can't be callibrated(but this can be factored in). After building my own stc 1000 it now gathers dust. It works, but not to the precission of the STC 1000.

would you be interested in selling the 1 collecting dust :D

I have 3 two i use 1 is in the draw for a spare
One is set on -9'C but the fridge is at 4'C
The other is set on 8'C the fridge is at 6'C
They did send me 2 free ones when i told them the first one was shit/wrong

Ootb solution, I have 2. Quite happy. Paid more than this. Can confirm that there is some sort of built in compressor delay, turned off in the middle of it going for it and turned back ON, it stayed off for a bit.

I could but seriously, it cost me all of about $20 landed. By the time I package it up and charge you for the postage.....I reckon you would find it delivered on ebay for less!
:eek:

I could but seriously, it cost me all of about $20 landed. By the time I package it up and charge you for the postage.....I reckon you would find it delivered on ebay for less!
:eek:

no worries didnt relise they were so cheap , i inherited a fridge with a generic temp controller and it shit itself .

Latest posts

Back