Portable Keg System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Dog Brewery

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted your thoughts on a portable keg system.
To explain, I have been asked to help a team on the variety bash next year. Being the lover of beer that I am I wanted to suggest that we have a keg system on our car. I currently bottle so kegs are a whole New World.

So the questions Do you think it would be safe and possible to set up a keg system in a car that after a day of driving over dirt roads would deliver a good beer? Could I adapt a chiller box to 12volts?

Thanks for your thoughts.

BDB

Can't see why you couldn't you may want to consider CCing the brew for a few weeks so it is crystal clear as when it gets shaken up in the car it will be cloudy as when you drink it :)

Either that or brew a stout :p

what about moddin' a waco fridge thing, might be able to use that somehow

Sounds great, the challenges I see include:

- Stirring up yeast.

- CO2 shaking out of solution

- Safety, you will need to be careful with your CO2, make sure it isn't just rolling around in the boot etc.

Yeah, three big issues here:
Shock, Vibration and Heat.

Get them nutted and you're in business!
Can you shock mount a kegerator in the boot or back?!
Cheers,
TL

Hi Black dog , GMK suplied me with a stainless coil that works great with just a bag of ice (more the better) Ive tryed it at home with kegs sitting around 26 deg c and we can pull great beer s ,,, see the gallary for pics of the beer boat a 50 lt keg on water we drank cold beer for 2 days yes a little cloudy but still fine :) a racking would over come that ... or ccing as sugested by jason Im confident to take a keg most places now ... Mount the tap in a door pillar would look good
cheers bunyip

Back