Portable Immersion Element - Is This The Right One?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be asking the seller what brand is it, I would stay with a stokes or grimwood or another 'name' brand. I purchased 2 cheap Chinese immersion elements, they are now in the bin so they were not cheap after all.

QldKev

ConnorBreware have a Tobin one for not much more.

Hi All,

Just setting up my BIAB set-up and am about to purchase a 2.4KW immersion element, is the one in the ebay link the recommended option?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Portable-Travel...=item4ab5c28aff

Oh and another question: what's the best way to bend small copper pipe for a pick-up tube?

Cheers

Zarniwoop

I ordered this item (well with the same picture offered), from username jbgadgets and i was sent a unit from tobins direct. Even packaged by tobins.

Works well.
As Kev said, worth asking.

Cheers,

D80

How long would this take to boil 30l of water??
Thinking bout one of these for my brew pot. Cheaper and easier than setting up a LPG burner.

How long would this take to boil 30l of water??
Thinking bout one of these for my brew pot. Cheaper and easier than setting up a LPG burner.

There's a water heating calculator on my website.

Work out
your water target temp - water start temp
vol of water, as you said 30L
watts of element, these are 2400w

Plug the 3 numbers in and it will tell you how long.

QldKev

Looks similar to mine...
Mine was $120 from the brew shop in peakhurst.
Kinda pricey, but worth it.
I use mine with a 3 ring burner, gets from 20 degrees to mash temp in about 10-15 minutes. (Around 37 litres)
And a touch less to go from mash to boil.
So I reckon you could double those times for an element only.

Get annealed copper if u can and you can bend by hand. Or aneal the bend area fill it with fine salt then slowly bend to desired shape then wash out salt.

Back