Portable Cooler For Party Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winner! Great stuff Roach, off to deplete Kmart's supply today. :)

Thankyou Roach ,
Much appeciated when someone has a find , informs all the members , and then posts follow-up with pictures.
Well done and thanks , I am off to check K-Mart in Karratha tomorrow......mmmm
sure they'll have them ! <_< :(

Batz

Batz, I have plenty of Kmarts local to me, and am happy to grab some for you if you like. Or any other AHBers for that matter. :)

Cheers for that MCWB , see how I go at the local first.

Thanks

Batz :ph34r:

Great idea Roach. !!!

Just snuck off to the local K-Mart and they had sold out in a day. (Damn)

So be quick !!! There are either heaps of homebrewers around or heaps of P$ss heads who need a 100 can cooler !!!!

I'll try a K-Mart close to home tomorrow.

will be brewing my first koelsch 2morow and use the kmart cooler as a fermentation chiller. Temp will be 23 here in Adel on Sunday rising to mid 30s by the end of the week, so should be a good test. hopefully keep the ferm temp at 17 or below.

will post results.

Tried another K Mart. All sold out as well. There's a business opportunity in here somewhere.........

I just bought the last two at my local Kmart. I'm gona use them for my fermenters to keep the temps down. They fit really well.

Do they fit the coopers fermenters as they seem to be a little wider then other fermenters

i have one of those wider coopers fermenters and whilst they fit - there is little room for milk bottles on the side - plenty of room on the top tho, given they are shorter than the standard fermenter as pictured above.

thought i would provide some feedback on the performance of the cooler.

After brewing I placed a fermenter of koelsch(using 1007 german ale yeast) in the cooler on 19 December at 15c. Used 4 x 1.25l forzen bottles around the side, and the fermenter has a small two piece air lock(the large one or s bend airlock would not fit).

Closed up the cooler and initially the temp dropped to 10. Took the fermenter out to warm to 16, the yeast then kicked in, chucked it back in the cooler with the ice bottles.

Temp has remained at 15-16c whilst ferment is active, changed bottles morning and night. The fermenter has been inside where the ambient temp has been around 25.

Conclusion - great cooler for maintaining temps in the mid teens - so perfect for ales, koelsch, wheats etc

Intend using it next as a portable cooler for my 3 gall keg for takeways

I'm not having quit as good luck as you with the coolers, however with ambient temps over 30, a beer temp of 22C i guess is doing OK. I started at 16C each, but they've gradually raised in temp despite all the ice bottles.

jgriffin

seems that from our experiences that the coolers keep the temp 8 degrees below ambient.

Roach

Very handy and OK for the price as well , bad luck I can't find any :(

Batz :ph34r:

Went to two seperate Kmart stores looking for these f@#ing things ... ahh well I shall have to make alternate arrangements.

Anyone know if these things are still available here in Adelaide? I think I need one.

Why didn't I come accorss this thread earlier.. hmm Ill head off to the 1 of the 2 local Kmarts over the next day or so and see if there is any in Wollongong

Neat... almost exactly a year from that day I read this, I bought one. Was in Kmart looking for a gas bottle and spied one of the suckers on a shelf. Only $20, so I had to buy one.

Put down an IPA tonight during the temporary reprieve up here in the hills. As the temp rises tomorrow morning it will go into that cooler and we'll see how well it performs.

hi guys,

picked one up on the w/e at local K Mart and it cost only $14.95...bargain

great fit and does a fantastic job with temps.

Batz there were about 50 or so on the shelves at Robina, not far from you.
If you need me to get them for you more than happy too.

cheers old dog

:p

Latest posts

Back