Port Macquarie, where to eat and drink?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yum beer

Not in the house, you've got a shed..
Reaction score
Heading to Port this weekend with the family and in-laws to watch SWMBO's brothers in the Ironman.
We are staying at Lake Cathie and I'm hoping some locals may be able to advise good spots for eats and drinks.
i.e Pizza/Italian for Friday take away.
Heading to Timbertown on Saturday with permision granted for 1 brewery stop....is Black Duck worth the visit, as I can get Little Brewing stuff at Dan's.
What's the best spot to get some fresh seafood for a nice buffet on Saturday night.
Best bottle shop for refreshments....don't want to take with me this time

Any helpp appreciated.

you have to go to Little Brewing, they have about 6 beers on tap last time i went about a year ago. Beers were really good,

Did the black duck too, which was good, and worth a visit if you get the chance

Not up on seafood, but The Wall of China has great food, and is very good value. Try and also check out a cruise on The Junk - Fish and chip cruses are really nice

As to beers, try the Pier - they have some good brews on tap

Dan Murphys is probably your best bet bottle shop wise, it is also next door to an irish pub, Finneans, that has a few guest beers, but nothing too exotic. They also have live bands on friday and sat nights (from Memory)

Enjoy

Spent the first 18 years of my life in Lake Cathie, really not much there in regards to good food or beer (the bakery is good, though all small town ones are). One thing to watch out for if you are in Lake Cathie during the ironman is that you can get stuck there, the roads in and out can be blocked during the event.

The Beach House at town green have good beers on tap, though I hear the food isn't too good. Macquarie Seafood on clarence street always had the best takeaway seafood when I lived there and there is a fish co-op further down the road too. The Milkbar at townbeach have the best breakfast and coffee.

Dont think they do a buffet, but Whalebone Wharf sell the best seafood platter I have ever had (this was a couple of years ago though).

Also, if you have young kids, the lake is a great place for them to swim cause it has quite a bit of shallow water. There is also a pizza place in Lake Cathie near the lake, my mum says its great though she is not the best judge of good food.

Cheers Rambo, getting stuck could be a problem, will have to look into that.

+1 on the Little Brewery. A little bar there with a few beers on tap. Not really a sit and drink sought of place. More set up for tasting and purchases. You are sitting in the brewery too so I spent 10 mins just looking at all the stainless. I bought some dubbels, tripels and quads. All very nice. Going back this year for sure.

Back