port douglas bottle shops ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
heya

heading up to PD next week for a 2 week get away. been there a bunch of times but not in the last couple years

Know the brewery has opened which I'm looking forward to trying out , but have the bottle shops improved any ?

last visit squires was still the most interesting thing they stocked in the bottle shops and I generally dislike squires beers

if its still crap i'll stop off at dans on the drive up form cairns near trinity beach as I was there last year and they had some stuff

Stop at Dans
Brewery is good so is Chillies an outdoor wood fired pizza place

Also theres a micro in Smithfield across the road from Dans called McAlistairs. Check opening hours though only open certain days a week

thanks. Been to chillies before but it was BYO from memory

they sell beer now ?

I'll stop off at Dans and load up

Last time at chillies nothin but the best xxxx gold.
Ha

Was there a few weeks ago, Hemingway brewery is good but the bottleshops I found were pretty basic unless you get excited about a choice of great northern classic or great northern super dry

Only problem with the brewery is it closes very early, Barcelona bar on the corner of that stretch of the pier is a nice bar bit pricey but had some nice beers in bottle, cool to lounge on the beds there drinking a few in the sun.

I was over the gassy beers after a few days so ended up on the Kilkenny in the Irish bar

so loaded up at Dans .ran out after a week so had to buy form the local stores for the last few days . bought some hop thief 9 which was decent enough . I liked 7 and disliked 8 .I 'd put 9 in between them

Hemingway's was nice space . beers were good overall . didn't rate the IPA much but they had a limited Hefe which was good

Bump. Anyone got any more to add to this thread. Off to douggie myself

Bump. Anyone got any more to add to this thread. Off to douggie myself
Sure, i can add my 2 cents being a Cairns local. Before you head to PD, stop in at the crown bottle shop in cairns, they have an amazing range of craft beer and get new beers in almost every week Stock up and take to PD. I have been spending a small fortune there.

https://www.facebook.com/crownbottleshops/

Thanks for the heads up MD. However i have allready driven through. Stopped at the smithfield dans on the way up. Got some supplies and the missus got some cricketers arms in cans which has proven to be a bonus given glass banned in pool area.

Gotta agree with the posts on Hemingway brewery at the harbour. Very nice beer and great venue.

4 pines ipa was on tap the other night at rattle and hum as well.

the 4 mile bottle shop was the pick of them . had some stone and wood and a bit more variety

Where is that mongey?
Edit; found it . The one on the way out of town next to the real estates.

Latest posts

Back