Port Dock Brew Pub

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeastie Beastie

Reaction score
SWMBO & I just spent the weekend in Adelaide and after a little convincing/begging we went to the Port Dock Brew Pub.
On walking through the door she said "Oh my god, it smells like your shed".
Ahhh, the sweet smell of hops...Faint, but still there.
I made a b line straight for the bar to try their concoctions & was served a paddle with 6 beers.
My better half was getting a tad impatient by the 4th beer as there were churches to be seen and apparently the comment "they have stood for 100 years they're not going anywhere in a hurry" was not appreciated.....much.
Right, last one, lets try their Ginger Beer.
As i looked through the bottom of that glass we noticed a band was about to set up for a bit of a Sunday sesh. SWMBO thought it might be a good idea to stay a while and see the band.....god bless her little cotton socks. And to top it off she layed her CC on the bar. I think she must have liked the look of he guitarist but ill roll with that.
Time to get into it as she already told me she would do the 5-6 hr drive back home.
Arrival at PD pub: 12:30PM, departure of the PD pub: 3:45PM. Grab a 6er and off we go.

All in all, BIG shout out for a GREAT pub and some nice beers, and all the understanding SWMBO's out there.

See you in 4 weeks Adelaide as I am on a promise too see churches.

Black Bart Milk stout 10/10
Hopfield Lager 7/10
Port Dock Pale Ale 8/10
Old Preacher 3/10
Black Diamond Bitter 8/10
Ginja 10/10.

**no affiliation**

Photo0286.jpg

Ginja 10/10.

I can vouch for the Ginja as well. Really nice ginger beer. Probably the best alcoholic ginger beer I have had anywhere. Even the missus likes it.

Cheers
Dave

SWMBO & I just spent the weekend in Adelaide and after a little convincing/begging we went to the Port Dock Brew Pub.
On walking through the door she said "Oh my god, it smells like your shed".
Ahhh, the sweet smell of hops...Faint, but still there.
I made a b line straight for the bar to try their concoctions & was served a paddle with 6 beers.
My better half was getting a tad impatient by the 4th beer as there were churches to be seen and apparently the comment "they have stood for 100 years they're not going anywhere in a hurry" was not appreciated.....much.
Right, last one, lets try their Ginger Beer.
As i looked through the bottom of that glass we noticed a band was about to set up for a bit of a Sunday sesh. SWMBO thought it might be a good idea to stay a while and see the band.....god bless her little cotton socks. And to top it off she layed her CC on the bar. I think she must have liked the look of he guitarist but ill roll with that.
Time to get into it as she already told me she would do the 5-6 hr drive back home.
Arrival at PD pub: 12:30PM, departure of the PD pub: 3:45PM. Grab a 6er and off we go.

All in all, BIG shout out for a GREAT pub and some nice beers, and all the understanding SWMBO's out there.

See you in 4 weeks Adelaide as I am on a promise too see churches.

Black Bart Milk stout 10/10
Hopfield Lager 7/10
Port Dock Pale Ale 8/10
Old Preacher 3/10
Black Diamond Bitter 8/10
Ginja 10/10.

**no affiliation**

Was wondering whether someone can confirm that the beer made there is still extract or not? Last time I was there would have been......... at a guess January and I was not overly impressed with some of the beer. Did like the Port Dock Ale.

May have also been that I tried the Brew Boys on Regency before hand :D

BYB

Back